Saturday, May 31, 2008

Strawberry fields forever

Our playgroup met at this awesome place called Great Country Farms on Friday. We had never been there, and we really enjoyed it. There was so much fun stuff for kids to do, and so many photo ops for mommies.

They have fields where you can pick your own fruits and vegetables. The main attraction now is strawberries.

Funny story about the photo below. See how at the top right of the strawberry one of the seeds is missing? And see all those rocks Eleanor is standing on? Well, she was walking along, when all of a sudden, she bent down, picked up what looked just like a yellow rock, said, "Seed! Seed!" and went right over and tried to put it on the strawberry. That girl!



This is Eleanor's friend Tessa riding a pig. (Eleanor thought that was very funny.)



Eleanor, Tessa's big sister Riley and Tessa.

We replaced Riley with Lindsay for a playgroup photo. (Avery and Sadie couldn't make it.)

Eleanor was trying to make friends with this little guy. He had food for the animals, and she was saying, "Have some, pease?" He didn't want to share. (Check out the mountain in the background. Love this place!)


Now, on with the picking!

(For a fun flashback, check out last year when we went 'bapple' pickin'.)

Remember how she only wanted two eggs at the Easter egg hunt? Same thing with the strawberries. She kept saying, "Mommy, I got TWO!"

Sweet little thing.

5 comments:

GG said...

That sure sounds like a great place to get fresh veggies. We went to a place somewhat like that one today. Eleanor sure makes a precious little "country girl!" I really like her haircut. You did a great job, Megan!

Janice said...

What a cool place! I love how she was asking the little boy "Have some pease?" !! She is just so cute!!!!

By the way, Ava is the same way with holding two of anything!

Robin said...

I thought I left a comment on this post the other day, but apparently it did not go through. Or the mean blog admin deleted it. But I'm sure it was the first one.

Sometimes when I preview my comment, I hit publish inside the previewed comment but I don't think that works. I must not have noticed. I'm sure I said something highly insightful though. Unlike today.

Robin said...

Ooh, but it worked just then. So who knows. Maybe the blog admin really DID delete my comment!

Shana-Lynn said...

That place looks awesome!! I wonder if our strawberries are ready to pick yet, last year I missed it.