Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Penguins

This little girl...I'm tellin' ya...she's something else. Her reading is just awesome, and is getting better everyday. She reads about as well as a middle-of-the-year first grader. She can read books that are written on a more difficult level than this one, but it's a longer process because it's sort of hard for her to stay focused that long, and I didn't want to post a ten minute video. We're at the point now where I would pick up any kid's book, and feel pretty confident that she could read some or all of it. She just amazes me!


6 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMG I LOVE how she says "penguins"!

GG said...

She is absolutely AWSOME!!!!! I've lived 72 yrs. and I have NEVER known anyone like her!!! She is truly God's child!!

Anonymous said...

Ok Meg, you and Eleanor made Aunt Casey SOOO HAPPY because she LOVES PENGUINS!!! WOW, what a wonderful little girl. Thank you Eleanor for making me smile!!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow, I just can't believe it. Do you and your husband have really high IQ's or something? It just blows me away. I haven't lived as long as GG, but I haven't seen anyone like her either. Is she good at math too?

Megan said...

Shana, My husband and I have about the same IQ, and it does happen to be relatively high, BUT neither of us started reading at 14 months old! She truly has a gift!

She's not remarkably good at math. She learned her shapes really early, and can count things up to about twelve, but we're not busting out the calculus books just yet! :)

Shana-Lynn said...

It is an awesome gift that I hope continues to bloom throughout her life. She's amazing! You and Jared are so lucky as she is lucky to have such wonderful parents.

At least break out the Algebra books for her!:-)