Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt

Okay, let me just start by saying that hunting Easter eggs with a coat on is just wrong. I had the most adorable little Spring outfit picked out for today's big event, but was it warm enough for that? No. Of course not.

Here's the play-by-play recap of Eleanor's very first Easter Egg Hunt.

"On your mark. Get set. Go!!!"
"Okay, Mommy. I got my egg." She literally thought she was finished once she found an egg. She just smiled and watched the other kids running around like crazy, and was definitely not at all interested in putting the egg in her Easter bag.
I finally convinced her to get one more egg.
"YAY! I DID IT!"
She then spent the next ten minutes putting her eggs on the ground, picking them back up, and shouting, "YAY! I DID IT!" There was a craft area where I made Eleanor some bunny ears, which she was thrilled about.
And there was an Easter Bunny. I didn't really attempt to get Eleanor to sit in his lap alone. I'm certain it wouldn't have gone well. But she was very interested in giving the Easter Bunny "bize." (Also known as five.)

I was going to post a video clip of Eleanor's very first Easter Egg Hunt, but the camera person (ah-hem...MIMI) got some great footage of the grass...and that's all. In her defense, she only got a 30-second instructional session on using the video camera before the "hunting" began. We'll get it next time.

3 comments:

Robin said...

At least she had a very cute coat to wear while hunting Easter eggs.

GG said...

Our baby is so precious! Megan, my new e-mail address is
mayhugh9440@yahoo.com. Please send me yours and MiMi's, too.
Thanks so much.

Shana-Lynn said...

So stinkin cute, I love it!!