Sunday, April 6, 2008

Buzz, bee, buzz!

I want to start by saying a couple of things that I think are very important. First, I didn't teach Eleanor to read. I am not some crazed flashcard-wielding maniac sitting around drilling this stuff into her head all day. She just knows how to read, and we are incredibly thankful to God for blessing her with this amazing gift. That leads me to my second thought...all kids are talented. I don't think Eleanor is any smarter than anyone else's kid. Her gift just happens to be something that emerged very early. The Bible says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14) Every kid (and adult!) is wonderfully made and is given some special talent.

So, I hope that you guys don't take these reading posts as being prideful or boastful. This blog is about documenting our life with our incredible little girl, and this is just part of it. I hope that you enjoy being a part of our little journey, and I love being able to share Eleanor with all of you!




8 comments:

GG said...

I understand that these blogs are for Eleanor to be able to learn more about herself when she gets older. I certainly applaud you, Megan, for doing this for her. I just want to thank you very much for allowing us to share this with you and her. She is certainly one awesome little girl and I am so happy to be her GG!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Oh Megan... anyone that knows you and Jared know that you are so in love with your little Eleanor and you just want to document her journey. She certainly is a preciou little girl!

Shana-Lynn said...

Megan, I know I don't "know" you but I feel like I do and never thought of your reading posts as being boastful. Eleanor is one amazing little girl. You just don't see many kids reading at her age and I find it just AWESOME. I am so glad you share this with us all. I am also glad I can be part of your journey with Eleanor.

Aubree watched this video and wants Eleanor to come over and read to her and she also said she wanted Eleanor to come over with Cameron and Ava to watch a movie with her:)

starfitch said...

Megan, I'm so happy I stumbled upon your blog before you went private and you invited me to continue even though we're just cyber friends. I have never thought you were being boastful at all, it's just that Eleanor does have this amazing gift and I've just thought you share because it's almost hard to believe without seeing, even for you! I love that you will allow us to watch her grow and I would venture to say we're all excited to see what her future brings as well as our own children.

starfitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
starfitch said...

Sorry...blogger ate my comment at first and then posted it twice. :-)

Kimberly said...

Girl this is your blog about your fabulous little girl! And I've never thought you were boastful!! I LOVE all of your posts reading, or not reading! Eleanor is your one and only...so keep on documenting EVERYTHING!

erin said...

Megan this is clearly a gift that Eleanor has been given and LOVES. There's a huge difference in a child who's being drilled and driven by her parents and one (like Eleanor) who enjoys something she does so wonderfully. I'm so addicted to your blog now and watching all these video clips. I just showed all of them to my mom whose jaw just about dropped to the floor! AMAZING! :)