Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More of my baby reading

I'm really sorry if I'm being annoying and obnoxious about this, but I'm just more amazed each day with the whole thing.

When Eleanor first learned to talk, I remember counting 10 words, then 25 words, then 60 words, and then she just really took off within a couple of months. The same thing is happening with reading. I can't even count how many words she can read now. I know it's over 100, and she surprises me with new ones everyday.

So, here's another video of her reading. I had to bribe her with milk, and was still surprised that she sat still long enough to read 40 words. (For Parts 1 and 2 of reading videos click here and here.)

6 comments:

Angela said...

That is just crazy...

Robin said...

...crazy indeed!

Kimberly said...

NO WAY!!! THat is absolutely amazing!!! So how did you go about teaching her that, I'm dying to know! Do

Megan said...

Kim- That's the thing...I didn't teach her this stuff. She just sees a word one time and can tell you what it is from then on. She has even been reading words that I don't think she's ever seen. It's totally bizarre!

starfitch said...

Still amazing.

Vicki said...

Wow!! I'll say it's amazing. I finally got to see the video...can't wait to see a demo in person. :)