Sunday, December 2, 2007

More reading fun

So, what I'm finding out is that Eleanor can read some words that she cannot say. I had a hunch she could pick out color words even though she can really only say "purple" and something that sounds sort of like "yellow." (Click here if you haven't seen Eleanor's first reading video, and have no idea what I'm talking about.)

I keep having to cut my videos down to keep them under the 100 MB limit since my video camera records in HD and the files are huge. I accidentally cut off the beginning of this one where I asked her to find "blue." There was also a cute ending involving clapping and cheering, but that had to go too.



And here's a picture that I LOVE of her enjoying her sweet new freedom. I think I'll be very sad when she learns to walk without her arms flailing about.

6 comments:

starfitch said...

Really, that's simply amazing!

I got the zebra at a consignment shop...I love buying toys from those because in case she doesn't play with it I didn't spend as much. I bet Eleanor would like it though, between her novels she'll be reading soon. :-)

M said...

That is amazing - Thanks for letting Janice know!

Anonymous said...

You can really see the little wheels turning. She just amazes me. You should call Oprah or someone like that.

Anonymous said...

How cool. We're all very proud! What a list of accomplishments in the past two weeks!

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow, she is amazing. When she writes her first book, please let her know I am the first in line for an autographed copy!! Megan, she is way ahead in her reading skills, as if you didn't know already. I love how she looks at each card to make sure she is picking up the correct word. Wow!!

Wendy said...

this simply freaks me out! I love it! Even my kindy can't do this! Way to go Eleanor!!