Friday, September 12, 2008

mdo

Tuesday was Eleanor's first day of Mother's Day Out. She'll be going only on Tuesdays from 9 to 2:30. The teacher said she was 'fine', which I'm hoping doesn't really mean "she whined all day and drove me crazy, but I'll be nice since it was her first day." All I could get out of Eleanor was that she slept on her 'monkey mat' and that they got to 'eat wunch with big kids.'

Here are way too many pictures of her in her first-day-of-school dress...





Not sure what kind of face she's making here, but she just looks so darn cute with her 'wunch' and her backpack.


Chloe started school too.


This is what I got when I told them to "turn around so I could take their picture." I actually meant the other way, ladies!


While the girls were safe in the competent hands of their teachers, my sister and I went shopping. I scored three hundred-dollar dresses for twelve bucks. Wait...let me say that again...I bought three dresses whose price tags originally said $100 for $3.97 each. Love when that happens.

On the sleeping situation...Eleanor has now gone to bed three nights in a row all alone in her little Elmo bed. I just put her down and leave and she drifts off to Sleepytown. Love when that happens too.



7 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad to see that she is settling in. What deals on your dresses! Way to go! Take pics of that fun stuff too!! :) I love deals!

GG said...

These pictures of her first day going to "school" is the sweetest thing ever!! Hope she had a good time!! Sounds like mommy and auntie did!! I love to find those kinds of bargains, too!! I am so proud of her going to bed easier now. I know you are, too!

Robin said...

I love how her backpack is almost the same size as her. :)

Shana-Lynn said...

I don't think those two girls could get any cuter together!! Way to go on the first day of school, that is very exciting. I bet it's to be back with family.

Laura P said...

PPPRRRRRRecious pictures!!!

Glad things are going well on the sleeping issue!!! yay!

So email me picts of the $3 dresses sometime!! how fun is that!?!

Susie PSU said...

What a bargain shopper! Where did you score THOSE? First day of MDO. I remember that day. It just gets better and better!

Janice said...

Wow, you get 5 hours of mommy time!!! I am so jealous!!!!! Eleanor's first day of school outfit is just the cutest. And I love how you got one of yourself in there with her too. And are you kidding me with the $3.97 dresses??? That's so awesome! You totally find the best deals! Glad you guys are settling in well in TX. :)