Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just incase you're wondering...

I haven't been blogging because....well....this whole thing is turning out to be much tougher than I thought it would be.

I miss Jared like crazy. All the time. Every minute. I think of all these things I want to tell him, and by the time he calls, I blank and can't think of any of them. It's nice when we get to use the webcam, but he's busy out there, and it's really not happening that often. I love seeing him when it does happen, and I love how it makes Eleanor laugh uncontrollably. Yesterday was his birthday, which stunk pretty bad. I'm sure it stunk even more for him. I'm just ready for him to come home and say, 'Where are my girls?' and hug and kiss us.

I love being around family. It's amazing to see how Eleanor is getting to know her grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. I would definitely be way farther downhill emotionally without them around. They want to help me so much, but sometimes I'm stupid and need to prove to everyone that I can do everything for Eleanor alone.

Speaking of Eleanor...her sleep is back in the crapper. I've had a total of about 10 hours of sleep in the past three nights. (My mom was awesome yesterday and let me take a three hour nap at her house while she watched Eleanor.) After taking her to two doctors (such a long and super stressful story), she's on an antibiotic for a throat infection. I'm hoping (and praying super hard) that she'll feel better soon and will get back on track with sleeping. I'm not daring to dream for something as crazy as a nap for her...just sleeping through the night would be amazing at this point.

Oh, and then there was that stupid hurricane thing that had the electricity off for three days and the internet down for even longer than that. (What I meant to say: Thank you God that a huge tree didn't come crashing through our roof or the roof of anyone we know.)

So, that's it. Keep praying for us, especially for Jared's safety, Eleanor's sleep, and that I'll be able to keep my OCD-like need for routine and consistency under control.

7 comments:

starfitch said...

Oh, Megan. My heart hurts for you. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is right now, I know you're missing him like crazy as he is missing you. I am the same way about accepting help, but thank heaven you are there near so much family that wants to help. I'll be praying for the antibiotic to kick in really soon and for little Eleanor to feel better and to get some sleep. Sleep is so essential for these big two-year-olds!!! Take it one day at a time and his first break will be here before you know it. Hugs to all of you!

GG said...

I had things I wanted to say to you but Starfitch just about said it all! She wrote everything that was good advice. I don't know her but she sure sounds like a great friend!
we love you and Eleanor very much and pray that your life will be more fulfilling soon. We pray for you and our baby EVERYDAY!!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Megan,

I am so sorry. When I read and think about what you three have to go through, it just breaks my heart. Just know we are praying for you all and for the time pass quickly. I hope Eleanor gets to feeling better too.

Hugs to you all.

Kimberly said...

Hang in there!! You guys are strong enough for this and in time you'll look back at this period and say "easy peesey!"

Lisa said...

OH sweetie. I can't imagine. I complain when Adam is gone for a couple days or a week... who am I to do that!! I'm happy that you at least have your family around to keep you busy and entertained. We will be thinking of you guys! And still hoping to see you very soon. Maybe you and Eleanor should take a trip to Dallas!! We would love to have you... and little miss no sleeper :)

ps. Happy Birthday Jared!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry for you! I was totally in your situation, and I understand all the feelings you are having. I used to stay up until 2:00 a.m. just to chat online with D for a few minutes. Then I had to get up to get the kids off. We did it for a year, and there were times I thought my heart would break. Now that I look back, I feel like the time flew, and I actually thank God for the experience, because I ultimately think it brought us closer. I know it will do that for you guys. I pray your time goes by fast, and smoothly for you.

Janice said...

Megan, I am so sorry you and Eleanor have to go through this. I honestly don't know how military wives and moms do it. Just keep remembering that you have such a loving husband and a wonderful family that supports you no matter what. Sending my good thoughts and prayers your way - and hoping that Eleanor feels better soon. Hope you can get shut eye as well!