Sunday, August 3, 2008

What we're doing...

So, I feel like not blogging would be lame, but there's not anything terribly blog-worthy going on here. How about a list of randomness?? Okay!

Eleanor is getting her molars. No one in our house is getting a normal amount of sleep. This comes up a lot on this blog, but it has been the same thing with EVERY tooth...runny nose, diarrhea, diaper rash, not eating, not sleeping. BUT, there's a light at the end of the tunnel...only four more stinkin' teeth to go!!!

I shipped our fall and winter clothes to Texas. I went to one of those Pack n Mail stores (lugged all 50 pounds of clothes and my 26 pound kid inside) where the silly little man told me it would cost 133 dollars to ship my things to Texas. I promptly laughed in his face (lugged all 50 pounds of clothes and my 26 pound kid back out to the car) and drove to the post office, where I shipped my things for 50 bucks.

I have had three photo shoots in the past two weeks which have gone extremely well. (That judgment is based on the fact that the mommies and daddies were happy.) I'm so glad my business is taking off...oh, wait...now I'm taking off too...back to square one when I get to Texas. Yay.

Jared and I have been going to lots of appointments to try to get all fixed up before our time away. I have had two dentist appointments and have two more to go. Love that. We met with our life insurance lady who found us to be very un-amusing. For every time she used the phrase 'when you pass away,' we made some comment that made us laugh, but made her stare blankly at us as if we were the most juvenile couple ever to sit down in her office. We also went to the eye doctor where Eleanor (very uncharacteristically) wreaked complete havoc and we were both told we have some sort of eye disease. We each had to buy some fifty dollar prescription eye drops, and we have to go back in five days. Nice. I wasn't doing anything else in five days...really.

I'm teaching Vacation Bible School in a week, and I am completely unprepared. I'm supposed to decorate my room next Sunday after church, but have not one single thing to decorate with. If anyone has any beachy/islandy decorations, could you drop them in the mail? It will probably only cost you 133 bucks.

Jared and I went on the best date ever last night, courtesy of our friends Matt and Laura who gave us a very generous gift certificate to an amazing restaurant. (Laura came over after Eleanor was in bed and held down the fort.) The atmosphere was so fun and the food was unbelievable! It was one of those places where you just leisurely go about your meal and it ends up taking two hours or so. We think it was our best date in like five years. So great!

I taught Eleanor a fun new phrase. When she wants Jared to hurry up and do something she says, 'Hey, Daddy...bwing it!' Hilarious.

My sister and niece are coming in 17 days!! We can't wait!!

6 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

You all have been very busy! I still can't get over you're going back to Texas. You date sounds like so much fun!! I'm jealous, we never get to get away even for a few hours.

Hope all your eyes are better soon! Take care of yourselves.

Vicki said...

Yea, I hope your eyes are better soon. I'm glad you are getting checked out. It sounds like the date was a lot of fun. You both deserve it!!

Lisa said...

We will give you some business in Texas. I am going to need Christmas pics and 1 year pics and 3 year pics... oh what else?? I'm sure I'll come up with something else!!

ps... the 2 year molars haven't been bad at all! All of Gracie's other teeth were TERRIBLE for everyone and these have come in with little to no issues. AMEN! Hope your experience is the same.

Robin said...

Hehe...have fun at VBS.

Where did you guys go eat?

Megan said...

Robin- We went to Tuscarora Mill in Leesburg. So yummy!

Lisa- These are her two-year molars. I wish our experience was like yours!!! And I can't wait to take pics of your girls in Texas! :)

starfitch said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love the life insurance story. That lady needed a lesson in not taking things too seriously.