Sunday, August 17, 2008

Girls' weekend!

So, I have recently been BEYOND stressed!! This weekend, I took a much-needed, total mental break.

Laura and I got up early Saturday morning, and drove to Ocean City, MD. We spent the biggest part of the day relaxing and reading gossip magazines while basking in the sun on the beach. Then, we went out for an awesome dinner, which was followed by hours of hanging out at a karaoke bar and laughing at all of the people humiliating themselves. We were very close to humiliating ourselves by having a go at singing on stage, but had to leave abruptly when some guy offered to buy us drinks. (We strategically ducked out while he was at the bar. We're mommies for Pete's sake!!!)

We had the MOST AMAZING time!!! (Remember when we went last year?) This is becoming an annual event for us...next year, we're pushing for two nights!

As we approached Northern Virginia this afternoon on the drive home, I could feel the stress creeping back in. BUT, I was so surprised and happy to return to a picked-up house, happy baby, completely done laundry, a new watch (to replace the one I lost last week!), and a hottie of a husband who missed me like crazy! Love that guy!!

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Too funny!! Every mama needs a break every now and then to recharge!

Lisa said...

So glad you were able to get away.  I went a got a pedicure today (hadn't had one since before Emma was born) and boy was it wonderful.  ONE whole hour away from the baby that only takes the boob!  Anyway, I can't imagine what you are going through with Jared leaving and anything else going on in you life.  We'll be praying that for you guys! 

GG said...

Sounds like an incredible weekend!And you sooooo deserved it!!

Robin said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. And even better to come home to a clean house!

Unknown said...

hilarious! what song were you 2 going to sing?

Shana-Lynn said...

How fun!! You've got an awesome hubby too!

Janice said...

You two are hotties! No wonder some guy tried to buy you drinks! Glad you had a great time. You are such a wonderful mom and wife and you definitely deserve a little R&R!

starfitch said...

That's so awesome! You deserve it, for sure. Glad you had a good time!

Laura P said...

that was the funnest weekend EVER!!!

Vicki said...

Every mommy deserves a little playtime to recharge. I'm glad you both had fun, and coming home to no laundry and a clean house. Wow, what a treat!! :)

Kristen said...

Wow, I'm jealous! The pictures look great, and looks like you had fun. I think it's important for friends to make time like that!

Wendy said...

Lucky you getting a break! I am sure you totally needed it. I have to say I am a bit jealous!