Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Girls gone wild

Wild. I'm so sure. We did stay up until 10:45.

So, my friend Laura and I had a B-L-A-S-T at the beach!! It was great to get away, but I gotta admit that everything I saw reminded me of (and made me miss) Eleanor. This adorable baby at the beach had the same little striped swimsuit that Eleanor has, and every time I looked at her I felt terrible about leaving my own baby at home. Okay, maybe terrible is an exaggeration- I did miss her, though.

We relaxed at the beach all day Saturday. I didn't even read the magazine I brought because I didn't want to expend that much energy. I just laid there like a big slug soaking up the rays. Well, I would have except for the fact that I very responsibly bought SPF 50 sunscreen. I wanted to relax- not cook like a lobster.

Then, that night, we ate at a really yummy restaurant. It was a seafood restaurant, and I hate seafood, but it was yummy nonetheless. I even ventured out, which is so not like me (did you catch the part about SPF 50?), and ate shark. It was the special appetizer of the night, and Laura thought it sounded good, so we ordered it. It was pretty darn tasty. I liked the outside the best- the part that wasn't fish. We also had the best dessert ever. Ever. Seriously. It was warm chocolate cake smothered in some delicious something-or-other. Mmmm.

Sunday morning, we went back to the beach. It was not sunny yet, so I did not apply my SPF 3000 sunscreen, and I got a little sunburn. You let down your guard for one second...

Here are some pictures of us enjoying the beach. The little tyke is Laura's 2-month-old Cyrus, who did not want to be apart from his mommy for the weekend. We were so glad he joined us- you can't just have two women goin' off alone without the protection of a strapping young man.





2 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

WooHoo...you girls ROCK! That little guy is adorable! Sounds like a vacation I need right now, a very badly needed one. Hey, your B-Day is coming up, right? I forgot which day, but Happy Birthday early!!

Robin said...

Cool - I'm glad you two had fun at the beach.