Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just some randomness...

1. I got a haircut. Not terribly significant. What is significant, however, is that my husband said, 'That's one of my favorite hairstyles you've ever had,' instead of his usual...'Don't worry. It'll grow back.'

2. It's awkard to take a pictures of yourself just sitting there.
3. It's even more awkward to post one.
4. We got a dog today. For about 45 minutes. Just long enough for Eleanor to get slightly attached before his owner came to pick him up. I kept telling her he wasn't ours, but I could tell she was thinking, "Uh...hello? He's in OUR yard, isn't he?"
5. A couple of nights ago, I spilled an entire glass of red wine on my laptop and (newish) couch. My computer died, but was revived by Jared...ah, my hero. (Times like these make those rude hair comments somewhat bearable.)
6. Eleanor really likes playing with our cats now, but they're not quite as into it. She chases them around, ordering them into her room...'Alex, Sippy....MY ROON!' They just glare at her and run the other direction.
7. She's also very into dressing up. She came out of her room today with a huge grin on her face, wearing a Tinkerbell costume (okay, partially wearing it- I had to help her a little), bunny ears, and carrying a matching bag. I tried to recreate the look for a photo later, but apparently it's only funny once.

8. I hate how the picture of me is bigger than the picture of Eleanor. I told Blogger the same size on both.

12 comments:

Robin said...

I love the haircut! And the picture of Eleanor is too cute. I do realize she is unhappy in it, but since you posted it, you must think it is funny, too, right? Right?

GG said...

I love the haircut but didn't realize you had such beautiful blue eyes! You are so right about her looking more like a little girl
than a baby! I don't think I have ever seen a picture of her crying.

Lisa said...

I love the haircut too! I also hate pics of me...I feel like I look different then the picture portrays me.

Lisa said...

oh and dress up is a big hit in our house too... I've had to resort to hiding the dress up clothes otherwise we would be wearing the little mermaid costume everyday!

starfitch said...

I love the picture and the haircut! Call me a big meanie, but I love pictures of upset kids (not under true distress). It shows real life, you know?

Kimberly said...

LOVE the new do! And apparently that getup is only cool when Eleanor picks it out and puts it on!

Shana-Lynn said...

Your hair looks great! That dress up picture is too fun! She looks adorable all upset even.

Susie PSU said...

Wow, what a fantastic picture of you! It really does emphasize your beautiful blues. Make it your profile picture!!

Janice said...

Ok, your eyes are gorgeous!!! I love the new haircut, too!! Eleanor is such a cute little girly girl with her outfit. Call me weird but I kind of like pictures of little kids when they're upset.

I am loving your Blogger profile pic!

Jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeannie said...

great haircut lady!

Vicki said...

I love the new you!! It's very becoming. We love all the Eleanor photos (of course), but we like to see her mom and dad too. It's no wonder she's so beautiful. :)