Sunday, June 8, 2008

Princess {for a day}

So, honestly, we're not really into the whole princess thing. I mean, I love Disney princesses as much as the next gal, but I'm just a little turned off by the whole my-kid-is-a-princess-and-the-center-of-the-universe thing. I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I think it goes back to a student I had one time who wore a princess shirt almost everyday, and was a total brat. Or maybe it's the glitter and sequins. So I digress.

Yesterday, we went to a birthday party, and one of the party favors was an adorable princess t-shirt. (Yes, a t-shirt as a party favor. Isn't that awesome?) So, today after church, I put it on Eleanor. Cute. After her nap, I thought it would be fun if she wore her tutu since she had so much fun wearing it last night and was very sad when we took it off at bedtime. Also cute. After running around like a maniac for a while (Robin was over, and Eleanor got a little beside herself about having company), she went into her room, and came out wearing this crown she got from Chick-Fil-A back in December and had never had on her head. Super cute. How funny is it that she chose to bust it out for the first time while wearing her brand new princess shirt?!

And voila...one really stinkin' cute little princess...





This one is my favorite because I think she looks like me. Finally...evidence that she's mine.

9 comments:

Vicki said...

What a princess indeed!! And, I think you're right she is looking more like her Mommy. :)

Kimberly said...

Yep, it's the crown that ties the whole thing together! And a tee shirt is a great idea for a part favor!

Laura P said...

so precious. and the tshirt is so cute! i was expecting a tacky tshirt with multiple disney princeses all over it--- but that's cute :)

(no offense if anybody likes that sorta thing--just not my style) :)

GG said...

We acutally DO have a princess in our family!!! Yah!! I think I love the toes best. How's beautiful they are and so perfect!!!

Robin said...

So cute...love the little pointed toes!

Shana-Lynn said...

She is such an adorable princess!!

starfitch said...

IMO that's just the right amount of princess. :-) I'm hoping we can avoid the Disney Princess phase too, fine for others but I just can't do it. She looks adorable and very proud!

Janice said...

Wow, what a great party favor!! Eleanor looks adorable wearing it! And you guys get really cool Chick-Fil-A toys, too!

Jeannie said...

I wish I was invited so i got a princess tee shirt! (SO cute!)