Sunday, May 4, 2008

Geocaching again

Yesterday, it was a BEAUTIFUL day, so we went geocaching. The first one was a pretty easy find. I snapped a little photo while it was hidden, so you could get an idea what finding a geocache is like. (It's not always this obvious.)

And, guess what was inside...ELMO! It's so fun when there's something inside for Eleanor, and she was super excited. We got to hear, "LALALALALA...Elmo's WORLD!" all the way back to the car, and all the way to the next geocache location.
The next location was a nature sanctuary nearby. It was amazingly beautiful, and I was kicking myself for not bringing my big camera and for not dressing all of us cuter. Every place you looked was the perfect backdrop for a photo, including an amazing little pond. After we found the geocache, we sat on a park bench and let Eleanor run around for a while. It was such a great way to spend the afternoon!
Who knew my point and shoot camera had a timer?? (Apparently, my husband did.)

A major case of hat-hair, but still adorable, of course.

4 comments:

Janice said...

I clicked on that nature sanctuary website and it's gorgeous!! That's cool you found a geocache for Eleanor. And I love the family photo!

Lisa said...

Can you geocache is Dallas? I've never heard of this before you blog. So fun!!

Oh and very beautiful. You are such a cute family... we miss you guys!

GG said...

Such a beautiful family picture! What????? No Hair?????? Looks like you guys had a great time!

Shana-Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures. I am glad you guys had such a wonderful day together and that Eleanor was rewarded with Elmo, how awesome it that?!