Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cherry blossom tree

So, we have this really great tree in our front yard that recently bloomed and was covered with beautiful pink flowers. I saw one just like it at the park, and asked another mom there if she knew what kind of tree it was. She looked at me like I was pretty dumb, and said, "It's a cherry blossom tree." Oh. The thing is I probably should have known that since I live about 40 miles from D.C. where they have the National Cherry Blossom Festival each year, and it's a pretty big deal even out here. Oh well, now I know, right?

Today, Eleanor and I had fun playing under our cherry blossom tree. If you pull the limbs up and down, the petals fall off and swirl around like it's raining flowers. We both l-o-v-e it!

"Tip toe."

8 comments:

GG said...

Now I love cherry trees since their blossoms are as precious as this little beauty under it!! Peek-a-boo-I see your tummy, Eleanor!!

Robin said...

Great pictures. I love cherry trees, and I love that there are so many different kinds!

Janice said...

I love cherry trees, too! I wish we had more near our place. Eleanor looks like a little angel!

Shana-Lynn said...

I love your tip toe picture, she looks so sweet in that dress.

Vicki said...

Your very own Cherry blossom tree!! That is so cool, and such a sweet little angel under your tree. :)

Laura P said...

oh my goodness. these pictures are SO cute. love the last one and the BW one with her little eyes closed :)

Susie PSU said...

They are beautiful trees - and I can imagine to have it rain those blossoms is incredible!

Kimberly said...

ooooo I'm loving the black and whites! And I probably wouldn't have known it was a cherry blossom either!