Saturday, March 22, 2008

Leesburg Animal Park

Yesterday afternoon, I took Eleanor to Leesburg Animal Park, which is sort of a petting zoo, but with some exotic animals too. They have the regular stuff- sheep, goats, chickens, llamas- but they also have zebras, monkeys, a camel, and some others. Obviously, not all of the animals are available for petting, but they are all set up in a way that allows kiddos to get up close and personal with them.

Eleanor L-O-V-E-D it!! I can't even really describe how excited she was, but we were there for over two hours, and she could have stayed longer- probably forever! I bought a season pass for us, so I'm sure we'll be heading over there (it's just ten minutes from our house!) many, many times this spring and summer.

I also bought a refillable food cup, but I'm not sure I'll be getting the food next time...let's just say the animals get a tad agressive when you're holding that stuff. There was one big animal (that I didn't catch the name of) that nibbled my hand because I wasn't giving him food fast enough and tried to eat Eleanor's bow several times.

Here are some pictures of Miss Priss being one with nature...

"PIDS!"
"CHICKEN!! DOODLE-DOOOOO!"

"Don-dey."
"Seep. BAAAAAAAAA!" Apparently, this sheep needed a hug and kiss.

4 comments:

Robin said...

What a fun place!

At first I thought "what's a pid?"

Then I realized that's how Eleanor says pig :)

Janice said...

I love the one where she's hugging the sheep!!!

I wanted to tell you that I am in love with Eleanor's Easter coat!! She looks so adorable in it!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Kissing and hugging a sheep, that is great. Aubree would never do that.

Eleanor looks so adorable in that outfit.

Vicki said...

I wasn't sure what a pid was either. :) Mimi has to get her toddler vocabulary tuned up. I hope we can go there with you guys in June. I'm already counting days!! I miss you.