Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall festival

I'm counting today as the third day of Fall. There have only been three days so far when it wouldn't have been appropriate to wear shorts. I've been waiting and waiting to bust out all of Eleanor's new fall clothes since September when Fall was supposed to start. And now it's finally here! Woo-hoo! I think God created Fall so that He could really knock us over by changing the leaves to beautiful colors and sending AMAZING weather.

Today, Eleanor and I met my friend Melissa and her baby Kathryn (whom I used to babysit two days a week) at a Fall festival. Every weekend there are at least twenty Fall festivals to choose from. We go with the cheapest one. This festival was at a flower farm (and I had a coupon). I guess a "flower farm" is the same thing as a nursery, but it was called Layng's Flower Farm, so we'll just go with that.

It was a lot of fun! We went on a hayride, ate all-you-can-eat free popcorn, went down a huge hill slide, looked at pigs and ducks, and, of course, saw, touched, smelled, licked, and sang songs about APPLES! Eleanor's fascination with apples gets more and more intense by the day. She was climbing over all sorts of baskets and figurines to get to the wonderful, beautiful, glorious APPLES! I think we could have paid our $3.50 and hung out by the apple barrels the whole time, and she would have thought the trip was a blast. It's really very funny. I have at least ten APPLE! stories running through my head right now, but we'll move on...

Eleanor had a lot of firsts today, including going in a Moonbounce. She actually really liked it, which totally surprised me because the kid is scared of anything that may be remotely fun and exciting. She marched (crawled) right in there, and took over the Moonbounce, though. Such a brave girl! Her other big first today was eating a lollipop. I'm trying to get her ready for Halloween when I'm going to let her eat all of her candy in one night. Right. She might be wearing the costume, but Mommy's doing all the candy-eating in this house.












9 comments:

Robin said...

I'm glad you guys had fun today. It was a beautiful day to be outside!

Wendy said...

Those pics are so sweet. Sounds like a lot of fun!! Congrats on the lollipop- you now have a new bribery tool!! I had a TON of catching up to do. ... the mouse, the hair do and much more. It was fun to read all!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Those girls are so sweet together. I love the picture of Eleanor holding up the green apple. Our Fall weather has finally arrived as well. Glad you all got out to enjoy the Fall Fest.

Janice said...

Yay for FALL!!! I am glad the weather got a little cooler because the 90 degree weather was just killing me! Were those barrels Eleanor was standing on? I love the colors! And the little detail in her jean pocket is so cute!!

Kristen said...

those pictures are great. I wish we had fall festivals here, but there really aren't very many. Bummer. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Kimberly said...

What fun!!! I just love that last pic...it's beautiful!

Megan said...

Janice- I'm not sure what you call those big things Eleanor is standing by, but I called them a really good background for my pictures! I loved the colors too!

Lisa said...

Again for the 100th time... I'm so jealous of all you guys have around you!! However, we do have a festival about 30 minutes away next weekend. I guess we could always drive to Dallas to go to the State Fair!

It's been cooler in the mornings here, but still in the 80's in the afternoons, so we are still waiting for fall.

Great pictures of Eleanor!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Is that an apple I see on Eleanor's shirt? I bet that will soon be her favorite thing to wear.
I'm going to a Renaissance Festival this weekend just outside of College Station. It draws a little different crowd than your typical fall festival. ;) But, it sure is fun to watch a the weird people.