Sunday, September 23, 2007

More pictures of my house

So, the big around-the-clock-working-like-maniacs-push-to-get-our-house-redone has been over for some time. We got tired after six weeks or so. And we went broke. But we have been doing little projects here and there on the weekends whenever Eleanor will cooperate and watch her Baby Einstein videos like a good little girl. (We sound like awesome parents, huh?) Seriously, though, home improvement was much easier before she became so proficient at crawling/standing/getting into everything that looks like it could possibly be dangerous.

Anyway, after much sweat and many tears (no, really), we have finally finished one bathroom. (One down, two to go.) The toilet in this bathroom has caused us more heartache and trips to Lowe's/Home Depot than any other single project in the whole house. Here's the short version of the toilet saga...took the toilet out to tile the floor (which hubbie did an AMAZING job on), tried to put it back, bolts wouldn't work/kept getting lost down the stinky hole that is hiding under everyone's toilet that I hope you never get to see, bought forty-five of these wax ring thingies that go under the toilet, got the toilet in- wouldn't flush, (cried), poured every kind of chemical that is made to go in or around a toilet in the toilet, still didn't work, went to Home Depot for the forty-seven thousandth time, bought a new toilet, put it in, FLUSH!!! (cried again, but happy tears this time)

And here is the finished bathroom. Jared gets most of the credit. I was just the designer and apprentice on this one. He did most of the hard stuff. He's so stinkin' handy (and cute)! I think I'll keep him.

Before


After

It cracks me up when I label these pictures...like you would get them confused.

14 comments:

Janice said...

Your new bathroom looks so calm and serene! It's as if you guys should also get a spa massage in there. I love before and after pics! Great job you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Pa said he did a great job! Couldn't have done better himself! We are proud of both of you!!!!!!

starfitch said...

Actually, my paint-fumed head saw the first picture and thought "why would she pick that wallpaper?" so it's a good thing you labeled them. :-)

Gorgeous. You guys are hired to rid me of my autumn gold tub!

starfitch said...

I just read your comment...I'm laughing because if it hadn't been time for M's nap when my friend called we would have RUN there to get it before any more could be bought. I'm totally crazy obsessive when I get something set in my head.

Robin said...

Ooh...I like it. It's very clean looking. Great job!

M said...

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL - YOU GUYS SHOULD GO INTO THE HOUSE FLIPPING BUSINESS! AND GET A PLUMBER TO THE TOILET WORK! I am in the middle of painting K's room - It took forever to prime it - we are going from Kelly Green walls to Marble Violet & Cosmic Pink!!! She wants a Princess Room!
:)

Lisa said...

LOVE the blue walls. And the floors look great... he is ready to tackle the kitchen floors! :)

Laura P said...

"jha jha?" "nor nor" "menyan?" Jordan and i are looking at your blog. im all cought up! LOVED the butterfly pictures. her wings are super cute!!! ok--jordan really wants to see your faces again, so im signing off to go back to your blog. . . .love ya!

Vicki said...

Wow, does that look nice. You and hubby really did a nice job. I'll line up a couple project for you the next time you come home. :) I finished my laundry room and pantry this weekend, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. I don't know what will run out first my energy or money. I can totally relate to you guys now.

Shana-Lynn said...

You guys do an amazing job together. The bathroom looks great and that tile is beautiful. I think if my husband and I tried something like that, we would be in some serious trouble. Nothing is ever easy when we do it ourselves, makes us appreciate why people get paid for those kinds of projects. Better stay away from that!

Wendy said...

Awesome job. And I know of the nasty deep hole you are speaking of. My sister and I changed out her toilet. eeeee-ew. That was one thing I could seriously go forever without seeing again. Changing out a toilet seat is bad enough, but the whole toilet. There is just something wrong about seeing that!! You did a wonderful job. Props to the hubby!!

M said...

thanks about karina's room - I am almost finished - can't wait to be finished, so I can get on with other things

Kristen said...

Beautiful job!

Susie PSU said...

Nice work! Chris has done two of our bathrooms so far, so I know all about the nasty hole. Totally disgusting.

The worst was when he did our bathroom in CO, and the toilet sat in our room, next to MY side of the bed for about a week. I about killed him...