Wednesday, September 12, 2007

CBS

Today, Eleanor and I started our Community Bible Study group. CBS is an organization that my friend Laura has been involved in for a while, and she asked me to join this year. So, I signed up.
I was a little worried because it meets every Wednesday from 9:30-11:30, and Eleanor is still a morning (and afternoon) napper. I just knew she was going to fall to pieces right when I dropped her off at her Baby CBS class because her nap is usually at 9:00. She's one of those babies whose nap you DON'T want to mess with. Anyway, she did fine. They quickly took her from me, and shooed me away, so there was no tearful (for either of us) goodbye.
When I picked her up, I asked how she did, and they said she only cried once- when another kid fell on top of her. They said she played by herself pretty much the whole time, and didn't even come over when all the other kids were catching bubbles. That's very typical of Eleanor. If I could use one word to describe her personality, it would be "cautious." I guess she participated in the Bible lesson- I think they make everyone sit together for that. Her friend Jordan will be there next week, and I'm sure she'll make sure 'Nel-nor' has a good time!
Here is Eleanor all dressed up for her big first day. This is an adorable dress that came with all of those awesome clothes Wendy sent a few months ago. Thanks, Wendy!!


On Friday, we start MOPS. I hope it goes as well as today did!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to TeenCBS back in high school and loved it. I hope you and Eleanor enjoy the bible study!

Susie PSU said...

Boy, aren't you the busy mommy! Way to go! And yes, that dress is a-dor-able...

Lisa said...

Glad you are able to get plugged into things going on in your city. It's nice to feel like a normal person without your child every once in a while. I LOVE the dress... so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Cute dress but not as cute as the wearer!I love the bow in the hair! Pa does, too!

starfitch said...

Megan...that is the SAME exact word I've been using instead of shy. 'Cause she's not shy, she just doesn't jump in the middle right away.

I love it when they surprise us, don't you? Glad she did so well!

Janice said...

Both Cameron and Ava are cautious too! Glad you and Eleanor had a good time. And her outfit is perfect! Wendy's so awesome to give you the clothes!

Robin said...

I just noticed Eleanor's new 12 month picture, and it's really cute. She is already bored with those pictures each month, isn't she?

Shana-Lynn said...

Will you look at the little outfit on her? Wow, it is awesome and so is Wendy. So nice of you Wendy!!

Glad you both had a good time with no tears, that is a major plus.

Kristen said...

Sounds like it went well, except for the kid falling on her. Did you like the Bible Study? I've thought about joining it before, but haven't.

Cute dress. I think I've seen it before, either on Elaina or sitting on Wendy's sofa....

Wendy said...

Kristen probably saw it on both. She looks adorable in the dress!! Love the bow too! I am glad she did so well!!