Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Virginia Beach

My mother-in-law (Eleanor's Mimi) just left this morning after spending two weeks with us. (We're both very sad already.) This past weekend, we all took a little trip down to Virginia Beach. My mother-in-law (okay, she has a name- it's Vicki) loves the beach, and was excited to see how Eleanor would react her first time there.

When we first arrived, we took her down to the water, and she seemed to be really interested in it. She saw a boat, and was very excited. Unfortunately, she refused to sleep in the hotel crib, so on Saturday she was a little bit of a grouch (think the Grinch on Christmas Eve). However, Vicki and I had a fabulous time playing in the ocean waves while Daddy took Eleanor back to the hotel room for a nap.

Eleanor was so high maintenance that I wasn't able to get my camera out of the bag the whole weekend, so I stole these great pics from Vicki's camera.

FYI...Jared is not necessarily what we would call a "beach person"...just incase you have a knack for missing the very, very obvious.







2 comments:

Janice said...

I have yet to take the kids on some sort of vacation. I would like to go to the beach with them but it's such a loooooong drive from where we live to get to the ocean! Lovely beach pictures - your MIL did a great job! I love the one of Eleanor walking on the sand!

Shana-Lynn said...

Awww, that looks like so much fun. I can't wait to take Aubree to the beach! Love Eleanor's little cover-up. Megan, she is so cute and getting so big.