Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I am a working Mom

Well...sort of...


I'm watching my friend Melissa's baby Kathryn two days a week at my house. It's really a win-win situation. Kathryn gets two days doing something besides her regular daycare, Eleanor has an all-day playdate, and I get a little extra cash (which is totally necessary now to pay our big, fat mortgage!) The first day was yesterday, and I think it went really well. The girls are almost exactly a month apart, and they seem to really enjoy playing together- when they're not snatching toys away from each other. (They always make up afterwards.)

And now for a couple more rooms...first, Eleanor's playroom in the basement...(sorry, no befores)...







And the dining room...

Before

After

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, is MiMi going to love this!!!! Wish I was going to see that beautiful place in person. But MiMi promised!! You are so talented!! Just think- TOMORROW!!!

Lisa said...

I love it! I'm so super jealous of your playroom. We need that so bad! I love the red walls.

Oh and Eleanor's shopping card is so cute... where did you get it?

Shana-Lynn said...

I am so jealous! I want space!!! The playroom is so cool for Eleanor. Your living room is beautiful and those hardwood floors are to die for. What were those people thinking??

Kristen said...

Wow, I'm happy for you. That's great for you and your friend.

You are doing such a great time on your house. The playroom is awesome!

Wendy said...

Love it. What a super fun play room. Great fun colors down there. KEep it up!

Susie PSU said...

I want to play in that playroom! No wonder your friend wants you to watch her daughter - what a great set-up you have there. You guys have put so much work into making that your home. It really is something to be PROUD of.

Kimberly said...

That wallpaper in the dining room cracks me up! You totally should have left that up!

And what a great playroom!

Janice said...

What an awesome basement!! We really need to get ours childproofed so we can dump all the kids junk - I mean, toys down there. I love your dining room too! Great before and after shots!

Megan said...

Kimberly- I forgot to answer your question from a couple of posts ago...same baseboards with TWO coats of paint. UGH!

Lisa- I got the shopping cart from a consignment sale, and I don't think they make them any more. I guess Grace will just have to come play with Eleanor's! :)

M said...

Love it! You guys are really doing a great job with that house! Wish we lived closer, so we could come see in person!
margaret