Monday, May 7, 2007

A playdate with Jordan

Today, Eleanor and I got together with our friends Laura and her 18-month-old cutie Jordan. We get together with them a lot- I just happened to have my camera handy today.

The girls have this adorable ritual that they do whenever they see each other. First, Jordan squeals and runs up to Eleanor. Then she kisses Eleanor on the mouth and hugs her really, really tight. (Laura and I discussed today when we should put a stop to the very slobbery, very, very personal mouth-kissing, but for now it's cute.) Jordan then turns her cheek toward Eleanor, so that Eleanor can plant a big, fat, slobbery kiss on her face. They do this at least three or four times every time we're together, but never when we ask them to (for picture-taking).

What's really cute is Jordan's reaction when Eleanor and I go up to her when she's not expecting to see us- like at the mall play area when she starts playing before we get there. She'll stop whatever she's doing to hug and kiss Eleanor. The other day, she stopped mid-slide, squealed, and climbed back up to the top of the slide to get to us. Now, if that's not true friendship...

Here are some pictures of the girls playing at our house today. I tried to get a picture of their lovefest, but only managed the one that looks like Jordan's telling Eleanor a secret. I think she was saying, "Quick, kiss me as soon as your mommy puts the camera down!" In the third one, you can see Jordan sharing a toy with Eleanor. What a sweetie!



And here's a picture of the girls when we went to the park. You can see it was a little sunny for picture-taking. Eleanor looks really mad. I think she wanted to ride up front.


We went to a new park today that was absolutely amazing! It made me wish I was a kid, so I could play on all the cool stuff! I've never seen so much equipment in one park. It's absolutely huge! They designed it so that kids with and without physical disabilities could all play together. They had about five different kinds of swings to meet any special need. Here is the website, but it looks like they haven't updated it since the park was built. I can't wait to go there again!

5 comments:

Susie PSU said...

I didn't realize you were in Fairfax County! Small world.

Janice said...

Love the love fest! Looks like Eleanor found a true friend in Jordan!

What is that thing they're riding on? You are so lucky to have a very nice park that fits all the kids' needs!

Shana-Lynn said...

That park is awesome. It is nice that Eleanor has such a wonderful playmate. Those pictures are so cute you took

Robin said...

I'd want to ride in the front, too.

Wendy said...

What cute little buds! I love seeing little kids playing so nice together!!