Sunday, April 15, 2007

A whole new woman!

Okay, so Eleanor hasn't slept the entire night since last Thursday when she came down with this cold. I was totally fine with getting up with her when she was sick and needed her mommy. But since about Tuesday, she's been mostly fine, but still refused to sleep all night.

She would do this really cute thing where she would wake up at midnight (give or take five minutes), and shout for two to three hours. No matter what I did, she would not go back to sleep- warm milk, rocking, bouncing, rubbing various parts of her body to soothe her- nope, nothing, it wasn't happening. Yesterday, I had truly reached the low point of my sleep deprivation. I didn't feel anything like myself.

I kept telling my mom that I was the walking dead. We even discussed the possibility that I had some mental illness that is only evident when I am sleep deprived. Seriously, I'm a total nut job with no sleep, which my mom also got to witness last time she was here when Eleanor was ten days old.

I think sleep deprivation is so much worse when you're used to your little bundle sleeping a good 12-13 hours at night. I mean, in the beginning you know what to expect. Okay, I can't say that I was totally prepared for the nighttime marathons, but it didn't take long to come to the realization that sleep was a thing of the past. But when Eleanor was 14 weeks old, there was that magical night when she didn't get up. I awarded myself with the Mom-of-the-Year Award and knew that from then on, I had this parenting business in the bag. WRONG!

But last night, we did it. Eleanor did the usual midnight wake-up, but only lasted 45 minutes before she was happily back in Snoozeville. I didn't hear a peep from her until 6:50 this morning. Woohoo! I'm so the Mom-of-the-Year again. (Anyone who has accomplished a good night's rest with a small child is the MOTY in my book.)

So, I decided that in celebration of our restful night, I will post some of my favorite pictures of my little punkin' sleeping.








7 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Glad you finally got a good nights rest, well deserved. The pictures you posted are beautiful Megan. Eleanor has changed so much. What a bundle of joy she is.

Wendy said...

WOW! Doesn't time fly? Love the pic of the two of you sleeping together. You have a mommy glow..... your cat looks exactly like mine!! Too funny. What a good cat for staying put by the baby. My cat was always outta there!!

Denise said...

So this explains the fewer posts? No sleep is a darn good excuse! Glad you weathered this storm and are back to the land of the rested! :)

Lisa said...

I feel your pain. Glad she finally is feeling better and sleeping better! Eleanor really has grown so much. I love the pictures of her so itty bitty! :)

Kristen said...

I remember those days.

Love the pics you post. You always have the prettiest pics!

Janice said...

My favorite is the one with your kitty! They're all beautiful pictures! I don't think I have any sleeping pictures of the kids now that I think about it. Ava still wakes up several times a night and she's 10 months!!! Send me some of Eleanor's sleepy vibes, we could all use it!

Kimberly said...

The most beautiful sight in the world...a sleeping baby! Glad that Eleanor decided to join the rest of the world at night and sleep!