Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mama's girl


I really hate the fact that Eleanor's daddy is out of town. I can tell that she is completely puzzled by the sudden disappearance of the other one third of our family. When he talks to her on the phone, her little face lights up, she smiles (with that scrunchy nose smile), and kicks those chubby little legs 100 mph. It's adorable! We'll be so glad when he gets back in NINE days!!!

But, in the meantime, I am enjoying the fact that she has become a total mama's girl. She is constantly doing mommy-checks to make sure I haven't somehow gotten away (like Daddy-who she apparently let out of her sight a little too long!) She sometimes clings to me for no reason at all and plants a big, slobbery kiss on my face. It's good to be the mommy!!

5 comments:

Janice said...

I love slobbery kisses! Hang in there, Mama! It must be hard not seeing your hubby, but he will be home before you know it! Love the Mommy and Me pic!

Kristen said...

Love the picture! I'm so happy you only have 9 days left. I know exactly how you feel. My dog was a momma's girl until daddy came home. I'm invisible now. But, since I have boys, they're still all mine!

Lisa said...

Cute picture. Gracie is a total mama's girl too... lately though she has a bit too clingy. Hopefully its just a phase.

Hope Jared gets home quick. I know its hard being a single parent, but it will make you appriciate him more once he gets back home. :)

Shana-Lynn said...

Hang in there Megan. Hope these next few days fly by!

Love the picture of you and your daughter.

Kimberly said...

Girl I FEEL your pain!!! My hubby has been MIA b/c it's been tax season and then we find out that he has to go out of town ALL next week. Not fair!!! So hang in here...but mama's girls are the best!