Thursday, March 22, 2007

Here kitty, kitty

Eleanor realized a couple of months ago that we have cats, but has just recently become interested in interacting with them. One of them just runs away when Eleanor (or any of us, really) looks at her. This one (Alex) will come around, but wisely stays just out of Eleanor's reach. She tries to grab him, but he just stares at her as he brushes past her chubby, little outstretched hand. Eleanor just wants to be friends, but I can't say as I blame him for being a little leery. She can get quite a grip on your hair with those tiny fingers, and has brought tears to Mommy's eyes more than once. "Whatever. I'll just eat my blocks by myself then!" "Or play with this awesome, new toy Mommy got me."
Seriously, if anybody's baby needs lessons on entertaining themselves, let me know. She played with this chip bag for a good ten minutes, making herself laugh hysterically a couple of times. I know what the Easter Bunny's bringing...

5 comments:

Janice said...

I used to have a cat that looked like yours! It's great that he doesn't bite or scratch Eleanor.

I know about the chip bag. As well as magazines, cardboard boxes, tupperware, etc. I don't know why we buy our kids all kinds of toys when they play with these instead.

Shana-Lynn said...

Your daughter is so cute. I love the last picture with the chip bag. Isn't it amazing the things they find to play with, that are free?

Robin said...

Poor Miss Lippy. She never gets showcased on your blog and probably never will.

Megan said...

Whatever...Miss Lippy chose that path for herself.

I could try to post a picture of her, but it would just be a blur of fur. Actually, that would be kind of funny. I think I'll try that...

Wendy said...

Too funny. If you need any more empty bags, I can send you some. Ha! You could have a whole Easter basket full! I can see her now at the park.... all those slides and stuff, and she will play with the dirt. Gotta love it. :)