Friday, March 23, 2007

What a big girl

Yesterday, Eleanor rode in the cart at Target for the first time. I could be way late on this...I just never felt like she could sit up well enough to allow me to get my shopping done. I didn't want to try to hold her with one hand the whole time while trying to grab items from the shelf.
She was SO proud of herself. She kept giving me this look that said, "Did you know I was so big, Mommy?" When we would pass by other babies in carts, she would smile and laugh at them. And then I would laugh. And then the other mommy would look at me like I was a weirdo. Whatever. My girl and I were having a moment.
This is an awful picture quality-wise, but was taken in direct sunlight with the point-and-shoot camera I keep in my diaper bag. It works for capturing the moment, though. Look how happy and proud she looks. That's my girl...

4 comments:

Janice said...

Aaaww, she does look so proud! I remember putting Ava in the shopping cart for the first time a couole of months ago. She was so excited to see things in a different view. I love shopping cart covers. I don't even want to think of all the germs they have on the handles!!

Kristen said...

Cute picture! I enjoy reading your blogs, they are always a lot of fun!

Wendy said...

ADORABLE!! Look how happy she is! Love it! I missed reading about you guys while I was gone!!

Susie PSU said...

I so remember the first day my oldest sat in a cart - we were at Sam's, I thought it was the cutest miracle on the Earth...I'm glad you have a picture to look back on and grin at - lucky girl!