Friday, October 10, 2008

Dare to dream

So, after spending an hour and a half in Eleanor's room trying to get her to sleep, I looked at some message boards concerning this very issue. Apparently, some kids take 5 or 6 months to get their molars in and their parents are basically awake that whole time. So, since we've already been at this no-sleep thing for a couple of months now, I decided I better get my post ready for when this is all over.

Here goes...the post I am sure to need in just a couple of short months.

"Yesterday, all four of Eleanor's molars popped right through her little gums, and like magic, her sleep is completely back to normal. Last night, at 7:30, she politely asked if she could please go to bed. I told her she may, so she quietly went into her room, read her bedtime stories, and lay her sweet little punkin' head on her pillow and drifted off to Sleepytown, where she remained for 12 hours. I awoke to the sound of birds chirping and Eleanor singing sweet melodies as she lay in her bed, waiting for me to come and get her.

Her behavior throughout the day was amazing. Whatever do all of those people mean by "terrible twos??" She never once told me "no." When I told her to do something, she did not respond with, "NO WANT TO, MOMMY!" but rather a very sweet "Yes, ma'am. Whatever you say, Mommy." She looked upon another two-year-old with utter disgust as he lay kicking and screaming and pounding his fists on the floor. (He must have been getting his molars.)

I should have known that all along it was teething causing our sleeplessness and her crankiness. What else could possibly be to blame for my child turning into that lady from Exorcist at bedtime (the head-spinning and everything) and Simon Cowell when she's awake?

I'm so thankful that the molars are in, and she has returned to her full-night-sleeping, happy, agreeable self. The past five months seem like only a distant memory now."

Okay, good, glad I got that done. Didn't want to let it sneak up on me, you know?

6 comments:

Janice said...

I am so glad everything is getting better!!!! Those molars can literally and figuratively be a pain! Hopefully Eleanor won't be in any more pain.

The header is too cute and your little question and answer is hilarious!! I love what Eleanor said about how she wants to be an animal at the zoo, lol!

Shana-Lynn said...

Yay, she's back to herself! Glad she is pain free now.

Anonymous said...

Love the sarcasm and humor. It's good you can laugh at a difficult situation. I hope to see that as a "real post" sometime soon!

Kristen said...

Doesn't it feel good to be ahead of the curve? You are too funny! I just know for a fact that you'll post that for real some day! I will be praying for pearly whites to quickly break through gums!

I love the new header though. The red doesn't look bad to me, but you are much better at that stuff than me.

starfitch said...

See? And you thought it was so bad while it was going on. ;-)

Seriously though, it will end. I'm sure it's just compounded by the transition. Hopefully you are liberal with the Tylenol/Motrin and if she doesn't like to drink it, try the meltaways...genius!

Kimberly said...

YAY!!! That is fab news!!!!

And i'm loving that new header!