Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back in the saddle

So, today I had my first Texas photo shoot. I have been feeling so melancholy that I've been putting off people who have contacted me. (That and I really was looking for good photo locations.)

The session went really well, and I'm so glad I did it! It felt like one more big step back toward normal. (I'm so ready to get there already.) It made me feel like I had actually accomplished something, rather than just wandering through the day like a crazed zombie dreading the nighttime. (On a sidenote, thanks so much for your prayers! Eleanor slept twelve hours straight last night in her own bed!! I, of course, kept waking up wondering when she'd be waking up. I actually had to get up while she was still asleep this morning to get ready, and I felt so...what's that word?...rested!)

When I was editing my photos this afternoon, I found myself needing to do something I had not done before. A head swap. I was working with three little boys, and, while they did great, they just didn't all do great at the same time. Their mommy was really hoping for one shot in particular for their daddy's Christmas present. Apparently, he's an LSU alum, and a huge fan.

So, here's the deal. This is what I got...


(I know you're laughing right now.)

What I was going for was a tough-guy football player look, and somebody didn't quite have that going on in the first photo. So, I took his tough-guy face from the second photo and replaced his frantic face in the first photo.

Ta-da! The finished product...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, I am so glad that some sense of normalcy is returning to your life. We have all been thinking of you often. Great job with the head swap! I am so impressed with your skills. The boys look so cute trying to be all tough. I'm glad you had fun and are getting back to some of your favorite things (like sleeping). Love you, and hope to see you soon!

Vicki said...

I'm really glad you're getting back to your photography. You are so good at it and you need an outlet for your creativity. All moms need to feel like they have value other than being a great mom. You are a wonderful photographer, mom, wife, daughter, daughter-in-law etc...
We all love you!!

Kristen said...

That is so great, and I didn't know you could do so many awesome things with photos.

Hope you're doing ok!

Lisa said...

YEAH for Eleanor. I'm sure normal is so relative, but I'm glad you are getting closer to that. I hate seeing (or hearing) you this way!

Love the photo too. I'm so excited for pics of the girls in a few weeks! :)

Shana-Lynn said...

You're awesome at photoshop!! Great work! Their mom and dad are going to love it!!!!

So glad you are back to photography!

Robin said...

Looks great...good job!

Laura P said...

im so glad you had a texas photo shoot! one big step to feeling a wee bit better. . . .good job on the head swap :)

Janice said...

Oh my goodness, I am laughing so hard right now - that little boy on the right is just pricelss! You did a wonderful job with the head swap! And I am so glad you are getting back to shooting!!! Yay for you!!!