Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Plan B

Because of Hurricane Gustav, my sister and I have had to resort to plan B for our respective trips. She was supposed to fly out today, but knew that she'd end up stranded in Houston (and wouldn't be able to connect to Shreveport) because of weather. Soooo....she and Chloe and Eleanor and I are all starting what promises to be a roadtrip-to-never-forget tomorrow.

We are in need of prayer for a couple of things...safety for our trip and peace for Eleanor. She's pretty much a little emotional basketcase. She thrives on routines and consistency, and she has been totally thrown for a loop by this whole thing. She refuses to sleep in her crib. I'm not using the term "refuses" loosely...she becomes completely HYS-TER-I-CAL when it is time to sleep, and says, "No Mommy. No Mommy. I see Daddy," over and over again until I give in and stay with her. It breaks my heart to see her so upset, and I'm just praying that getting settled-in in Texas will be just what she needs.

So, not sure when I'll be back on. Thanks so much to everyone for your prayers and sweet e-mails!!

9 comments:

Robin said...

Wow. Well, I hope you guys have a safe trip! I'll be praying for you.

GG said...

You and your sister and babies will be in our prayers for sure. I was afraid Eleanor might be upset about her daddy and it might take a while but she will be ok as long as she has you to love her. Seeing her MiMi and Danny might help, too. God will be with you on your trip, I promise!

Shana-Lynn said...

Have safe travels. You guys will continue to be in my prayers! Be safe and keep us posted. Post again, when you have a chance.

Lisa said...

We will definitly be praying for you guys. Have safe travels... hey at least now you have a travel companion!

Hope Eleanor settles into some type of routine QUICKLY once you are in TX.

Janice said...

Have a safe trip, Megan. I will be thinking of you and your family and hope Eleanor can settle in when you guys get to Texas (my kids thrive on routine as well). :)

starfitch said...

Be safe!! You'll be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Love you guys and are thinking of you. Can't wait to see you here in Texas! Safe Travels...

Wendy said...

You will be in my prayers! Be careful, and let us all know when you arrive!!

Laura P said...

that makes me teary eyed that she screams "i see daddy". poor sweet thing. let me swallow my sadness and displaced selfishness and say that you're definately doing the right thing by moving to texas--it would be too confusing to her to not have him around that long in her own home, and this way she'll have enough distractions and a new routine and environment, that hopefully it will make things easier. we miss yall already.