Monday, August 11, 2008

Hash browns

Eleanor absolutely LOVES hash browns, especially ones from McDonald's. She will eat any fast food hash browns, but refuses to eat the frozen kind you bake yourself. (It must be because those aren't dripping with grease.) Occasionally, if we are out in the morning, I will run through a drive-thru, and pick up a hash brown for her. In fact, if we ever go through a drive-thru, she shouts out her order when we get to the speaker, 'Hash browns, PEASE!' no matter what time of day it is.

On Friday, we were headed out for playgroup. I thought I would run through McDonald's since Eleanor had refused to eat (as she does almost every day) whatever I had made her for breakfast. In an effort to keep the greasiness of the backseat of the car to a minimum, I gave her the hash brown in the paper. Moments later, I heard what sounded like paper being eaten, reached in the backseat, and Eleanor handed me this...

It was in fact, paper that had been eaten. She had been eating the hash brown and the paper at the same time. Oops.

And that, my friends, is Mommy Mistake #8006, to be followed another tomorrow, I'm sure.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Oops! I guess a little extra fiber won't hurt her. :)

Kimberly said...

OMG i just totally cracked up!! Oh well, i guess a little roughage is good every now and then!

Janice said...

Maybe the paper soaked up some of that grease in her belly, he-he!! The kids and I loooooooove McD's hash browns although I have to say we've never tried the wrapper. ;)

Shana-Lynn said...

LOL, that is way too funny!

GG said...

I'll bet that wrapper tasted as good as the hash browns! HMMMMMMMMM!

Laura P said...

hilarious. i laughed out loud even though i already knew the story--something about seeing the actual little bites. so funny