Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gone.

Jared is officially gone. And I am officially sad. :(

We're planning on heading to Texas sooner than I had originally planned. I can't stand being sad AND having anxiety about the big move, so I'd rather just get it done. So much still to do before we leave...

In other news, we had Eleanor's 2-year check-up today. The main topic of conversation was her reading, which the doctor seems to be extremely interested in. Eleanor did read for her at her 18-month check-up, but I was worried that this time she wouldn't be as willing to perform. But, I was wrong, and with two doctors looking on, Eleanor read, "I see a yellow helicopter flying high in the sky," which I had written on the exam table paper. They were impressed, and the old one said he had only seen two true kid geniuses in his whole career, but that now he had seen three. They are still encouraging me to have her "tested," and they gave me a phone number of someone to call in Texas. Surprisingly, they seemed pleased when I told them that we had planned all along to homeschool Eleanor. One of the doctors remarked that homeschooling is the best thing we could do for her.

She is still measuring in the 25th percentile for height (33 in.) She went down in weight percentile, and is now in the 40th at 26 pounds. Her head is still very large, but is in the 75th percentile instead of the 95th. Maybe she's losing some of her brains!?! :)

I have not picked up my camera in almost a week, but I'm hoping to do some portraits of little Miss Chloe in the morning.

10 comments:

Vicki said...

:( I know it's not going to be an easy year for you. Just remember we love you.
Little Miss Eleanor is soooo amazing!

Angela said...

I hadn't realized you were planning to homeschool. yeay for a partner in crime. :)

starfitch said...

I'm sorry he's gone. And...so begins the year. I'm sure you'll feel better once the move is done and you feel settled and get into a routine.

Yay for Eleanor! Are you still thinking about the testing? I'm sure that's a tough decision.

starfitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

:(

GG said...

SEE!!!! I told you she was a very extraordinary little girl!! I'm proud you are going to homeschool her. also.
I am glad you and Eleanor are going to Vicki's early. It's not good for you to be alone at this stage. I'm glad you sister is still there. She is so happy you are coming! But always remember to pray everyday; it really is comforting to know He is on your side. And He WILL take care of all of you, I promise!

Shana-Lynn said...

I'm sorry Jared is gone, that has to be rough. My thoughts are with you all.

Awesome two year check-up!! Eleanor is one special little girl and I am so glad I get to read about her everyday, I feel blessed.

Good luck with your move. Keep in touch!!

Lisa said...

Oh sweet Megan... I just started crying thinking about what you must be going through. I'll be praying for you all! And if there is anything else we can do please let us know.

I'm also amazed by Miss Eleanor. I didn't know you were planning homeschooling, but I agree sounds like something perfect for her.

Well we are looking forward to seeing you soon. Let us know when you are officially moving. We need to book a session!

Janice said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Eleanor and Jared. I hope the year goes by quickly for you.

Way to go on Eleanor's stats!

Wendy said...

well, you'll have to let us know what they say if you get her tested! I am super curious about it. If your ever in my area... let me know! :) Would love to meet you and Eleanor.... it would be fun!
I will keep you all in my prayers! Thinking of you!