Friday, July 11, 2008

Ryder's birthday bonanza

The day after Chloe's birthday party, it was Ryder's turn. My sister-in-law had booked this awesome place called the Brookshire's World of Wildlife Museum. The kids got to tour the wildlife museum, then play outside on the playground, which included a real firetruck and train car that the kids could climb on and explore. And, get this, it was free to have the party there. Free. You know how much I love that word.

Here's my dad with Eleanor.
I love this next picture because it just about sums up Chloe- a free spirit just livin' and lovin' life!
Eleanor LOVED the 'a-boons.'
And driving the firetruck.
We tried for a group shot. I hope someone else got one because this was the best one I had, and the birthday boy's not even in it! Oops.
This is what we saw of the girls most of the time. Just doing their own thing.
To eat, my sister-in-law had these yummy kabobs that were Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets and blocks of cheese. As Eleanor would say, "NUMMY, NUMMY, NUMMMM!"

This is Eleanor's great-grandmother.
And here's my mom with Piper.
The birthday boy getting ready to blow out the candles.
He was sort of having issues with turning 3...
...but he got over it.

So, two awesome birthday parties back-to-back! For a couple of days afterward, Eleanor kept asking for cake. That's her favorite part of any party. In fact, on the way to Ryder's party, we told her where we were going, and she said, 'Cake....ah you? Nummy, nummy, numm.'

1 comment:

Shana-Lynn said...

Your family is so cool, they throw such fun birthday parties.