Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pretending

So, Eleanor is getting into pretending these days, which I love. It's the cutest thing to listen in on her monologues as she plays with her toys. Yesterday, she was playing with her Little People school bus, and this is how it went:

She puts her Little People polar bear on the school bus.
'Doh to stool!" (Go to school.) She makes the bus drive back and forth, while singing "The Wheels on the Bus." 'Roun, roun, roun. Roun, roun, roun. All tooo TOWN!'
'He's der.' (He's there.) She takes him off the bus. She makes him walk around for a little while, and then she puts him back on.
'Doh home!' (Go home.) Another round of "The Wheels on the Bus," and driving the bus.
'He's der. Have a snact.' (Have a snack.)
She repeated this same monologue over and over for about thirty minutes.

And I was left wondering how she knew that school buses go to school and then home. And how she knew it was appropriate to have a snack when you get home from school. How do they learn this stuff?!

And here's her new favorite face. I think it's her version of a fake smile. Not sure where she learned that either, but it makes me laugh...

7 comments:

GG said...

That is such a cute face! Guess she must have learned it from her videos. What an imagination and she's not even 2 yrs old yet!! (OOPS- wasn't supposed to say THAT word!)

Lisa said...

What a cutie pie! Love the new face.

Pretent is so fun. Everyday Grace amazes me by the things she says... they really do learn so much from us when we aren't looking.

Robin said...

I love her imagination!

Susie PSU said...

Michael has a "photo face", and it reminds me of Chandler Bing on Friends. I hope they outgrow it!!

Vicki said...

Such a good imagination and a little doll too. The face reminds of the one she use to make along with a snorting sound. It always cracked me up. :)
She has such a good sense of humor. I know where she got that.

Shana-Lynn said...

Isn't it amazing how their little minds work and what they figure out on their own?

I love the picture!

Janice said...

I love her litte scrunched up nose! So cute!!