Friday, May 16, 2008

New shoes

So, today Eleanor and I set out to find her a new pair of shoes. My original intent was to walk into the Stride Rite outlet, and buy a larger pair of the white leather Keds she has now because they held up so well, and were so easy to clean. Well, then we found these...


(You looked inside the shoe, right?) Can you believe it?! How perfect are those little shoes?! They are definitely not something I would have normally picked. I mean, they're adorable, but are they really very practical? Anyway, I didn't even know the price (and for my typically um...frugal self, that's a big deal) but I marched them right up to the cash register. So, the girl rang them up...$12.99! Score! Nothing in the Stride Rite store is $12.99. It was so our lucky day.

I called three people after buying these shoes...that's how very excited I was.

And then...

We got home, I put them on Eleanor, she ran around for about 30 minutes, I took them off, there was a huge red mark across the top of both feet. The freakin' things are too small. Now, you may be thinking, "Why didn't you have her foot measured at the store?" Well, I did. The lady said to buy size 4.5 Wide. Do you know how many pairs of little girl shoes there were in that size in the whole store? One. And they were just okay. The Keds Eleanor shoes were awesome. I wanted them. I needed them. They said "Eleanor" on the inside.

I can't find them anywhere online. I'm being a baby about it. And I'm not at all sure when I'll be ready to stop pouting.

8 comments:

Vicki said...

What a shame! I'm afraid she got those cute little "wide" feet from her daddy. :) She probably has a high arch too. That's so tough to fit. I remember well.
The shoes really are sooo cute, I'll check out stores here for them.

Robin said...

Did you see them on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Keds-Craze-Eleanor-Field-Trip/dp/B000SP35MM

At least, I think those are what you are looking for.

Megan said...

Robin- Those are the right shoes, but they don't have her size. :(

Shana-Lynn said...

Megan, I will check around here. You want the 4.5 wide, correct? or larger? They are so cute. If I can't find them around here, I will check in Florida when we go because I WILL be shopping.

Megan said...

Shana,

You're such a sweetie! Yes, I'm looking for the 4.5 Wide, and preferably at a bargain price! :) They have newer versions of the shoe that are like 45 bucks! I don't even pay that for my own shoes! :)

Robin said...

Do they even make them in wide?

I read some other people talking about how the strap was too small and made imprints on their kids feet. Yeah, that's right. I don't have anything better to do that to search for shoes on the internet for my friend's kid.

Megan said...

Robin, I thought I saw some in Wide at the store, but I'm not positive. I appreciate your diligence. :) I'm not surprised that other people have said that...the lady that measured Eleanor's foot said it was barely wide, but that I should get the wide for that type of shoe. It's very snug.

Susie PSU said...

I'd keep looking! Some other mom probably bought W shoes not meaning too, and her kids feet are flopping around in them!