Monday, May 19, 2008

Eight years ago

Eight years ago today my husband and I got married. Eight years. EIGHT years! Wow...that sounds like a long time. He keeps saying, 'Feels like a lot longer than that...' but that's just one thing I love about him...that he's so hilarious (or at least thinks he is.)

Seriously, though, eight years ago, we were just two 19-year-old kids standing in the front of a church, saying we wanted to be together forever. Back then, we weren't the people we are now... we were still figuring out who we were. I'm so grateful for the incredible man my husband has become. He's extraordinarily smart and determined. He's a wonderfully caring daddy and the spiritual leader of our household. And I know without a doubt, he will always do whatever it takes to take care of us. I am eternally grateful to God for creating such a perfect partner for me.

Happy Anniversary, Buddy!



11 comments:

GG said...

I CANNOT believe you guys have been married that long! We are so proud of both of you for your accomplishments and wish you both an even brighter future!

GG said...

Oh incidently HAPPY 8TH ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!

Robin said...

Happy anniversary!

I keep forgetting your anniversary is the day after our's. We just had our 6th.

starfitch said...

Awwww...how cute are you? Happy Anniversary!

Janice said...

Hey, I didn't realize your anniversary is a day before ours!! And 8 years too!

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Shana-Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. You both look fabulous on your wedding day. I love your dress Megan.

Lisa said...

Time flies. I think I met you and Jared when you guys had been married nearly a year. Adam and I met this fall 8 years ago so that makes sense!

Congrats to you both!

Jeannie said...

happy anniversary!!! I had to do the math and see how old you were (as I am sure others did too!) and you are young lady!! :)

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys looks so adorable in your wedding pics!

Susie PSU said...

Yup, I did the adding 8 to 19, too. Wow, getting married at 19 is such a brave thing to do! And look, you've become such great parents. Both of you are blessings to each other, huh?

Angela said...

Wow! 8 years! Congrats! Didn't realize you guys were ahead of us. :) Here's to many more!