Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Funny phrases I never wanna forget

You never know what they're going to say, right? I love every minute of this whole firguring-out-how-to-speak-English phase. A few of my faves...

  • "I funny." Most of the time, Eleanor uses this phrase after she has done something she finds particularly silly. Other times, she uses it when she has gotten caught doing something she knows she's not supposed to do...she cocks her little head to the side, puts on her cheeziest smile, and says, "HA! HA! Mommy, I funny!" Right. It's ridiculously hard not to laugh about that.

  • "Like dis!" This means I should stop what I'm doing and pay very close attention to her demonstration of how to do something. She'll keep saying, "Like dis" until I acknowledge her, and I am sometimes tested over what she just showed me. "Mommy....do it." Oh, the pressure.

  • "I see" and "I touch." So, she did learn some things from that Senses book we had to read ten times a day for months.

She also does excellent versions of the Elmo theme song, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", and the ABC song. Sometimes, "Twinkle, Twinkle" gets combined with the ABC's, which makes for a stunning medley. I'm trying very hard to get videos of those.


And, just for fun, some random photos of my adorable little firefighter...






2 comments:

Robin said...

I love her little smile in the second picture!

Shana-Lynn said...

Oh, those are adorable. I wish there was a way to video tape each day of our lives with our little ones. These are the moments that will always be cherished.

Thanks for sharing Megan.