Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pet giraffe

A couple of weeks ago, Jared's mom's cousin Jackie sent Eleanor this huge stuffed giraffe. (Thanks, Jackie!) Eleanor LOVES that thing! When we go downstairs to her playroom, she feeds the giraffe before she does anything else. You may be surprised to know that giraffes eat a wide variety of plastic foods including corn, grapes, onions, and, of course, artichokes. She also spends time petting and loving her pet giraffe.

I think she'd be a very responsible pet owner...if the cats would let her anywhere near them. She has stolen a few hugs and kisses from "Ak-seks" (Alex), but has probably only touched Miss Lippy a handful of times (not for lack of trying!)

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

How sweet!!! I love how she moves her mouth when she's feeding him!! And I'd LOOVE to get Sophie a kitten but I'm afraid that she'd love it a little too much.

Janice said...

She's just too cute! Can I just say how much I love Eleanor's playroom!! May I ask where you got her organizing bin (the blue/natural/red toy organizer)?

Robin said...

I had no idea giraffes ate all those things. Good to know.

And the new header looks great! I love the sunlight in the pics.

Megan said...

Janice- That toybox was a gift from Mimi for Christmas. She ordered it from walmart.com. If you have it shipped to the nearest store, the shipping is free!

Megan said...

Robin- Thanks! I tried to be all professional and use a reflector (a cookie sheet) to bounce some of the sunlight back onto her face. I was so impressed with myself. :)

erin said...

Hi Megan! I stopped by your blog this evening to see the comparison post you mentioned on your blog and I've spent the last 20 minutes watching all of Eleanor's reading videos. HOLY SMOKES! That is absolutely amazing. Wow. Go Eleanor!

Shana-Lynn said...

That is so sweet! I'm with Janice, I love her playroom and hat bus is so cool Megan, it looks like a lot of fun.

Your new banner is amazing. Great job!!

Lisa said...

Very cute! Grace tries to feed her baby sister!