Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Eighteen...MONTHS!

So, I can't get her to say it on command, but it's still very cute...Oh, and sorry about the camera work...she insists on sitting in my lap while we make a "bideo."



Other things that make us smile...
  • For as long as I can remember, I've sung the same little song as I wrap Eleanor in her towel after her bath..."Ba-by bur-rit-o! Ba-by bur-rit-o!" Now, when she gets out of the tub, she starts singing, "Baby br-ribo!" in the exact made-up tune that I've always done.
  • She's very into science-y books. And as a former teacher, I have quite a few. She's particulary interested in one that explains how strawberry plants grow. She loves to point out the "roots", "seeds", and "flowees." She also loves this book called "My Senses", and when she wants to read it she says, "Sen-ses! Sen-ses!" I think her favorite parts are "smelling" the flower and "tasting" the ice cream cone.
  • She has a lovey. It's a dog, and his name is "PUPPY!" (The creativity comes later, right?) The other day, I took her to Barnes & Noble where they apparently sell these dogs. She quickly took notice, and ran to collect all of the "puppies" from the shelf. I so wish I had a picture of her carrying that armload of dogs around the store. All you could see was this huge mound of stuffed dogs with two little legs poking out. Anytime another kid (or even an adult!) would dare pick one up off the floor, she would run over to them and politely say, "Puppy pease," as she held out her hand. She would just repeat herself and continue standing there until they handed it over.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I love how she says "eighteen months"!!

BTW, I love the daddy and baby pictures on your previous post!

Robin said...

I love how after you say "eight", she says "nine" and then you laugh :)