Saturday, March 1, 2008

Daddy's girl

So, for the first 17 months of her life, I think anyone could have accurately described Eleanor as a Mama's girl. Oh, how things have changed. Little Missy has decided that her daddy is the coolest person in the universe, and that she must do her best to be his shadow whenever he is home. She follows him around like a little puppy and copies everything he does. These days life for that little girl doesn't get any better than sitting on Daddy's lap or riding on his shoulders.

This week, he had to go out of town for a couple of days, and she was so not happy about it. I had to take over Daddy's nighttime duties and put her to bed. The first night, she cried when I put her in her bed. It was just a little bit, but she never cries at bedtime. Never. The second night when I said it was night-night time, she ran down the hall shouting, "Daddy...AH YOU????" It was heart-breakingly sad.

So, here are a few pics of my two favorite people messin' around today after naptime.








7 comments:

Vicki said...

That is a beautiful smile on both Daddy and Eleanor's face, and the purest of loves shows through.
You are both so lucky!!
It truely brings tears to my eyes. What a blessing children AND grandchildren are!!

GG said...

I agree with MiMi intirely! What a beautiful sight!! But don't be disheartened Megan, she loves her mommy just like always. She just doesn't get to see her daddy like she does you.

Anonymous said...

A very handsome couple indeed. They are some of my favorite people too. It's good to see them looking so happy together. I love the one of them kissing. By the way, green is a great color for baby Eleanor.

Lisa said...

Welcome to my life! Grace is such a daddy's girl.  And for the first 18 months of her life she was all mine!!  Honetly though I love it... I love seeing them together.  I need a little boy to have a mamma's boy... guess we need to go for #3!  HA!

Lisa said...

Oh and I love the pictures! They are so cute together.

Shana-Lynn said...

So darling!! You should get those pictures framed for Eleanor and her Daddy.

I love it...."Daddy...AH You??" Aubree says something very similar, they are so cute.

M said...

love the pic of E & Daddy kissing - that one needs to be framed!
:)