Thursday, January 10, 2008

Too cute

I really can't even begin to adequately describe how much fun Eleanor is these days. She keeps us laughing all the time!! If I could somehow freeze time right now, I would. I mean, I've enjoyed every stage of her life so far, but this "curious, say anything and everything, sing songs, act totally silly for no reason" stage is bringing me loads and loads of joy. I tear up lots of times every day at how happy and blessed I am to be Eleanor's mommy.

Here are just a few of the things she says that totally crack us up...

  • When we finish praying at the dinner table or at bedtime, we say, "Amen." She always follows up with, "El-mo."
  • When she sees something exciting, she says, "Ooooooooooh!" Like, when we raise her shade in the morning and she sees the sun shining (not to say that the sun is always up when the kiddo wakes), she greets it with, "Oooooooooh!"
  • She's started telling things bye-bye. When she gets out of the bathtub..."Bye-bye, bubbles." When we're in the car, and a bus drives by..."Bye-bye, bus."
  • A video is now called, "Bib-e-o." She tries to put the DVDs in by herself. She even tried to put one in the video monitor.
  • Every night, I give Eleanor one of those chewy vitamin supplements. So, some time after she has her pajamas on, she'll walk into the kitchen, point to the vitamins, and say, "Mi-min, Mi-min."

She has also started singing several different songs. This one is her favorite, and she spontaneously bursts out with this one all day long...





And then there's this...



So, she may not know exactly what that means...doesn't matter...still melts mine and her daddy's hearts.

5 comments:

GG said...

Your hearts aren't the only ones that melt. Ours breaks because we don't get to see her enough. Tell her "I love you" from GG & PA.

Janice said...

Oh my gosh, Megan, Eleanor's videos are just ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! I love the way she says I love you - it totally melted my heart, too!

And I just have to say, I was just floored when I saw the previous video!!! I can't get over how amazing she is!

Robin said...

Oh, those videos are just too cute. And "El-mo" at the end of a prayer - love it!

Shana-Lynn said...

The first video is so dang cute, I can't view the second one though, my computer is acting all crazy on me. I will have to check back.

Shana-Lynn said...

Okay, was able to view her "I love you" video....so sweet.