Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Things I've wanted to blog about...

So, Eleanor has been doing plenty of cute things that I wanted to blog about, but I've been doing something else in my spare time. Brace yourselves...I've been reading. Like an actual book. Two books really. And I really enjoyed them. As soon as I can get my hands on the third book of the series, I'll be reading that too. I feel like such a grown-up. Anyway...

I've made a compilation video of aforementioned 'cute things' and will describe them for you here in this very organized, bulleted list.
  • Eleanor LOVES watching videos of herself. Particularly, she likes watching those videos I made when she first learned to walk, and kept running into the camera. She laughs and laughs no matter how many times she sees them, and keeps asking for "more."
  • It snowed. A lot. It was Eleanor's first snow since she learned how to walk, and she loved it!! She begged to go outside all the time, and cried when we had to come in. She would wake up from her nap saying, "Snoooooow." I was completely unprepared for her to play in the snow, and had no matching snow gear for her. Her little mismatched outfit is hilarious. (I have since remedied this situation by visiting the Children's Place Monster Sale.) Also, I should mention that she does have mittens...I just haven't figured out how to make them stay on.
  • More letter sounds practice. I just like it.
  • One night, we were sitting at the dinner table, and Eleanor kept making these funny faces. I asked her what she was doing, and she pointed at the pot in the center of the table, and said, "Ana-nor." She could see her reflection in the pot, and apparently found herself very amusing. So funny.
  • One night after dinner, I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and Eleanor came toddling in and said in a very excited voice, "Sta, sta!" (star) I asked her what she was talking about, and she said, "Mama...sta...peeese!" So, I followed her into the living room where she pointed out her "sta." It was the neighbor's porch light. How cute is that?! Now, every night after dinner, she goes into the living room to see her "sta." (BONUS: You get to see my spiffy green linoleum kitchen floor)
  • Eleanor started helping me clean the house. (She also uses her Pledge wipe to blow her nose.) Yesterday, she wiped down everything in the entire house with that one wipe. When we were cleaning my room, she stopped, look over at me, cocked her head to the side and said, "I-yuh-you." (I love you) Ahhh....it's good to be the mommy.
  • And, finally, a shout out to the grandparents. She can now identify all of her grandparents by name in pictures without any prompting. Hooray!


7 comments:

Robin said...

Oh my gosh, there were way too many things in the video for me to comment, but she is just adorable. Too cute!

What have you been reading?

It feels like we haven't talked in forever.

GG said...

I feel the same way!!! She is sooooo talented!! Sure was glad to see the blog once again. I missed it!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Gosh I adore her little laugh. Second, what book is SOOO interesting? And third, Eleanor cleaning your walls and then blowing her nose had me laughing out loud. Darn is she so cute and SMART! I still can't get over her letter sounds, it totally amazes me.

Megan said...

The books are the first two in a three-book series by Francine Rivers- Voice in the Wind and Echo in the Darkness. She's a Christian fiction author, and I really enjoyed how biblical truths were woven throughout the story. The storyline had me staying up late turning page after page! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you getting some reading time in. That series sounds pretty interesting. I'm going to have to look for it.

Eleanor amazes me more everyday. I can't wait to hear her say "Mimi", I won't be Papaw anymore!! :)

Anonymous said...

I finally got to see the video!! She has melted Mimi's heart for sure. I love you too, Eleanor. :)

Kristen said...

Wow, can she come clean my house? I own those books, and I've never read them. Everyone I've talked to has said they're awesome books. I need to get on it and read those someday!

Once again, adorable video!