Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Storytime with Eleanor

Here is a super cute video that I recorded yesterday of Eleanor "reading" her favorite book. I tried to shorten it by cutting out some parts and dividing it into two videos. If you don't have time to watch both videos, watch the second one. I LOVE when she finds the kitty!

In the first video, you can hear her very clearly say, "Ba-na-na" at the beginning. Daddy can't deny it this time!

You'll also see that she calls an apple "bapple," which I, of course, think is adorable. She has very recently become obsessed with "bapples." Tonight, she was super grouchy, so I let her carry around a "bapple" after dinner. Not the smartest move. I literally thought we were going to have to put her to bed with an apple. Tomorrow, we're going to a pick-your-own apple orchard (which was scheduled before the apple obsession became so evident), and I'm expecting she'll be in Bapple Heaven.



Oh, and by the way, we're making progress on the walking thing, I think. Yesterday, at Chick-Fil-A, Eleanor took two steps (sort of- it looked more like she was falling from the slide to the bench) and today she stood for long periods of time all by herself. She still seems pretty scared, so I wouldn't be surprised if she waits a while before taking off.

7 comments:

Robin said...

I think you might have a dog lover on your hands...

These are so cute, and she is SO smart!

Lisa said...

She is too cute! Grace has the same book, but isn't nearly as good with knowing ever object.

When you asked where the "ball" was I thought maybe Eleanor would point out the "orange" b/c that is what Grace would have done!

Oh and congrats on the 2 steps Eleanor! She will be walking before you know it. Grace's first step was at 13.5 months and she wasn't truly walking till about a month later. So maybe just a few weeks and you will have pro walker on your hands!!

starfitch said...

The suspense was killing me...would she find the ball? I am so impressed. She is so verbal so early!

starfitch said...

Oh, and you might wish back that walking once you get it...I spent my afternoon trying to keep Marielle from throwing everything in the trash while I was in the kitchen. She was very single-minded. :-)

Megan said...

She did eventually find the ball, but it took another minute or so, and I wasn't sure anyone would hang around that long. It was sort unenthusiastic too. She just patted it and said "Bah-bah" in a really bored voice!

Jessica-
I know I'll wish it back once it's here. I did the same thing with crawling. I just don't want her to be so scared to try it! :) She acts like that two foot fall is going to kill her!

Susie PSU said...

I LOVE the videos!! Babies/kids at that age are so fun to watch.

Shana-Lynn said...

Gosh, this is a cute video. I love how she keeps returning back to the dog and finds that cat. What a great stage!