Thursday, October 18, 2007

A post by Eleanor

10 Things I Want my Mom to Know Now that I'm Becoming a Toddler
by: Eleanor Macy Hudson
  • The official motto for toddlerhood is: "I want to do it by myself, even though I don't know how." (But you need to help me when I get frustrated, and make me think I did it all by myself.)
  • Whatever you're eating or drinking looks a million times better than whatever I'm eating or drinking (even if it's the exact same thing), and I need to try some of it. I will let you know if I don't like it by making a horrible face like you are trying to poison me, and throwing it on the floor.
  • Walking up stairs will now take longer. Deal with it. I need to go up by myself. If you try to carry me up, I will kick and scream and possibly seriously injure one or both of us.
  • I will let you know when I am ready to get up from the table by suddenly launching into a shrieking fit at the top of my lungs. Even though this hasn't worked so far, and you leave me in my chair until I say, "Ah-doh," (all done), I will continue to try it.
  • We will listen to my music in the car from now on. If you try to switch the radio to your "adult" radio station, I will fuss until I hear the sound of little childrens' voices bellowing out good ol' Sunday School favorites.
  • I don't want to have my diaper changed. Ever. That is why I kick and scream at you when you dare lay me down on the changing table. The smell of a dirty diaper doesn't bother me. If it does bother you, I suggest you try and remedy that situation yourself.
  • I will be brushing my own hair from now on. I don't care how it looks when I'm finished, I'm really cute as I rub the brush all over my head, saying, "Ooooh-oh."
  • Bathtime will not be any fun for me until you allow me to stand up and run all over the tub like a maniac. Why would they put that slide at the back of the tub if they didn't intend for me to use it? I would also like to hold the grown-up soap and the razor.
  • The harder you try to put something out of my reach, the harder I will try to get it.

And the very last thing I need you to know so that we can both survive toddlerhood is:

  • Even though I'm not a baby anymore, I still need just as many hugs and kisses and snuggles as I did when I was little. (Just not in front of my friends.)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL!!!! This is so perfect Megan! This definitly describes life with a toddler :)

Kimberly said...

THESE ARE FABULOUS!!!!! I can sooo relate to so many of these...especially the standing up in the tub. I just know that soph is gonna end up cracking her head!

starfitch said...

Oh my gosh, these are so cute and SO TRUE! I love it. Made me giggle!

Shana-Lynn said...

Are you sure Eleanor wrote this Megan, it really sounds like Aubree? Hey, maybe they called each other for ideas. ;-)

Laura P said...

so hilarious. i laughed out loud. :)