Thursday, October 25, 2007

Check this out!!

So, today I did the least expensive, quickest home improvement project yet, and I'm so excited about it!


We had done everything on the fireplace except for replacing the brass door, which we weren't going to do anytime soon because they cost about 250 bucks.

SO, this morning I went to Lowe's and bought a five dollar can of Rustoleum spray paint in hammered nickel and painted away. And I think it looks great! You gotta love saving over two hundred bucks by doing something so simple!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That doesn't look like the same door. I'm going to keep that little trick in mind. What a great idea!

Kimberly said...

AWESOME!!! I can't believe what a difference that made!Aren't you just a little Bob Villa.

starfitch said...

Wow, what a big difference with a tiny change!

Kristen said...

Looks great!

Janice said...

Very cool! What a difference a bottle of spray paint can make!

Robin said...

Very nice.

Your before and after pictures are great, too. The drab and dark before picture vs the bright and happy after picture.

I still need to see that video of your makeover show.

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow, it looks great. You are so creative!! I am going to start calling you Martha Stewart;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! I didn't know you were so talented!! Do you hire out by the job or by the hour? I'm proud of you!!

M said...

That does look awesome - Great Job! Thanks for the comment about my kiddos costumes! :) Tomorrow will be a busy day and I think Karina is getting sick! Bummer! :)