Friday, August 17, 2007

A little nutty

Okay, so riveting this post is not. Mostly just a little random.

We have a squirrel that lives in our backyard. He takes naps on the fence (I guess he's napping- do squirrels sleep with their eyes open??), and plays in the trees. I don't know yet whether or not he has a family, but baby squirrels would be really cute, right? Why haven't I ever seen a baby squirrel? They must be really little.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our squirrel hanging out in the yard. In the last one, he's trying to get away from the weird lady with the camera by jumping into the tree. Whatever. It's my yard, and I'll take his picture whenever I want.




In other (surely more exciting) news, I'm going back to the beach tomorrow. Not we. I. And my friend Laura. We're leaving the kiddos with their very capable daddies, and heading down to have some girl time. We're going to spend the night, and come back on Sunday. I've never been away from Eleanor overnight (or for more than three hours), so I'm a little nervous. I'm excited...did I mention nervous? I can't wait to lie on the beach and relax while reading a magazine and listening to the calming sound of the ocean...I hope I'm not too nervous to relax. Woohoo!...Virginia Beach, here we come (yikes)!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Can I come to the beach too??? I could use a night away from Miss cranky pants :)

You girls have fun!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Have a great time!!! Sounds so fun.

Janice said...

Lucky girl!!! I'd like some girl time too! Have an awesome time!

Vicki said...

I know you will have fun. I'm so jealous!! All Moms need a little away time. It's much cheaper than a psychiatrist.:)

Kristen said...

Oh wow, have fun. I'm jealous.

We have a mean squirrel in our back yard. Yours looks nicer than ours.