Sunday, July 8, 2007

8 random things...sort of

Okay, so I was tagged by Wendy and Kristen to do an 8 random facts meme. I would love to ladies, but my brain is totally fried as I am suffering from serious exhaustion. So, I decided to post 8 random tidbits about the past week instead.



  • I have had paint covering roughly 25% of my body since last Friday.

  • We sleep on an air mattress on our new living room floor. For the first three nights, Eleanor slept beside us in her crib. We got to wake up every morning to her peering down at us saying, "HEY! HEY!" Thank goodness hers was the first room done. She now resides in the only room in the house with furniture.

  • She learned to stand up in her bed, which has turned bedtime into somewhat of a disaster. As I'm typing, I can hear her jumping up and down shouting, "Mama! Mama!"

  • I cut my toe open on our refrigerator on the second night here. I'm pretty sure I should have gotten stitches, but I didn't feel like wasting valuable home improvement time. It still hurts when I put socks on.

  • My husband is the handiest scientist in the world. Seriously, who knew someone so nerdy could be so good with their hands? Just kidding. But really, he has done things to this house I had no idea he could do. He's one handy hottie. Wait...I think he needs his own show on the DIY Network.

  • My friend Ashley (who is visiting from Houston) can remove wallpaper faster and more effectively than anyone I've ever seen. She had this house wallpaper-free about two and a half days after her arrival. Goodbye, yellow and brown forest in my dining room...and living room...and hallway.

  • There is a black mouse living in our basement. I haven't actually seen him. Ashley saw him while she was doing her laundry. We put out traps to try and catch him, but I'm pretty sure he has left the area. Good thing. He wasn't invited in the first place. Rude, little mouse.

  • I think I'm going to be a plumber when I go back to work. Who else gets to charge $145 for ten minutes worth of work?!

So, that's it. A quick update on our week.


Eleanor's room is almost ready for showing off. As soon as I get her changing table over here, her room will be complete. I can't wait for you all to see it!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I've been waiting for a home update... I've checked your blog like 10 times this weekend :)

So glad you are learning quickly how wonderful home ownership is. Espeically after hiring a plumber! Adam is the plumber in our house... thankfully he hasn't broken things worse than it was in the first place.

Can't wait to see pictures... anxiously waiting...

Lisa said...

Oh yeah... I also was going to say something about Eleanor learning to stand up in her crib... yeah it stinks! Thankfully its just a stage and it will pass... give it a few weeks though!

Shana-Lynn said...

Wow, you have some exciting times ahead. Can't wait to see some pictures of your home!

Hope Eleanor is adjusting okay to her new home.

Susie PSU said...

I can't wait for a picture of the new place! And air mattresses aren't the best - we just slept on one for 2 weeks at my parents' and can't WAIT to crawl in our bed tonight!

Wendy said...

Another new trick for Eleanor huh? Sounds like you have been busy!! We cannot WAIT to see pics!!!

Robin said...

When the falls comes (because it is entirely too hot outside now and you have more important things to take care of), if you want, I can come help you work on your yard!

I so miss having a yard, and we can plant flowers and herbs and all kinds of things. That is, if you want anything like that. It's more like you'd be doing me a favor, and I can just live vicariously through your yard and be content my little container garden on my porch which is a little on the sad side now.

starfitch said...

Ooh, nursery pics! So glad you are moved and back online. It is so much work I'm glad you are surviving. I'm totally with you on the standing in the crib. Our nights are beyond the disaster stage, more like nuclear meltdown. So we both know we are doing the same thing at the same time as a tiny bit of comfort.

Vicki said...

It sounds like you are really having fun. ;) I can't wait until my visit to get to here the "hey". She can wake Mimi up with that anytime. I know you will be proud of your house when it's done. Who knew your hubby was so talented...must have come from his grandpa.

Kristen said...

OK, I can totally picture her leaning over her little crib saying, "hey". Since I saw it on video.

Take care of that toe!

We just realized the other day that we have a mouse in our basement as well. Remember when I posted the pictures of the boys sleeping on the floor in the basement? Now I'm freaked out that it was crawling around them! We've set out traps...no body yet, but we're hoping!

Can't wait for the pictures.

Janice said...

Hey glad to hear from you!!! Lots of exciting things are happening in your household!!!

Can't wait to see Eleanor's room!

Shana-Lynn said...

Megan, you have to check out my blog, something is there for you!