Friday, June 22, 2007

Will crawl for puffs

So, I finally figured out how to motivate Eleanor to get movin'. I just have to strategically make a trail of Gerber puffs that goes all around the apartment. She'll crawl and crawl until the puffs run out. I even put some up high, so that she has to pull herself up to get to them. Works like a charm! So far, I've discovered three things that will get her goin' anytime- my car keys, puffs, and electical cords. The last one doesn't seem to be that good of an idea though, so for now we'll stick with the others. It does a lot for this anxious mommy's peace of mind to know that she can get from one place to another. For some reason, she chooses to stay put a lot of the time. I guess I should be happy that she doesn't have me running all over the place! That day will come, I'm sure.

Another crawling photo...


5 comments:

Janice said...

I remember waiting FOREVER for Cameron to get moving - he didn't get around until he was 10 months (unlike Ava who started taking her first steps at the same age!). Anyway, like you said, Eleanor's time will come sooner than you think. She's pretty mobile already so watch out!

I love Eleanor's expressions with your b/w pics!

Shana-Lynn said...

You can say that again. Once she gets moving, you'll wish for these days back every once in a while. Glad she follows the gerber puff trail, cute idea.

Kristen said...

She'll really get moving any time now! I love the facial expressions she always gets for the pictures. That one is a cute one!

Wendy said...

Hey whatever works right?? IT will come. Probably better that she doesn't crawl before the move!! :) Then you don't have to worry about what box she's getting into!!

Kimberly said...

Yep...you are gonna eat those words once she really starts moving!!!! You need to video the "Trail of Puffs!"