Sunday, June 10, 2007

Take home handy-baby




Okay, it was really hard for me to decide on a title for this post, given how many do-it-yourself television shows were floating around in my head. (The runners-up included Toolbelt Baby and Ask This Old Baby.) This weekend consisted of two very long trips to Home Depot, one trip to Lowe's, and watching home improvement shows until we wanted to poke our eyes out.

As you can see from the pictures, Jared and I aren't the only ones getting a little antsy about our upcoming projects. Eleanor's new favorite toy is her hammer, which, I might add, was a huge hit with the construction-minded aisle-lurkers at Home Depot. I love the last one because she looks like she's really considering how to go about "fixing" her Leap Frog learning table.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! Three posts since I last read you!! Very cute. I am sure she was a total hit at the Depot!! When wouldn't she be though?! I have total blogger block right now! I can't think of anything to post about!!

Susie PSU said...

What projects are you guys up to??

Megan said...

Susie-

The list of projects we need to complete in our new house seems endless right now!! We're starting with taking down wallpaper, retexturing the walls and ceiling, and painting. After that, we're focusing on ripping up the nasty shag carpet in the whole house. We have peaked under it, and know that there are hardwoods underneath. Yay! We close on the 28th, so right now we're just waiting (very impatiently) until we can get started.

Janice said...

I think Eleanor should come over and do some work on our house - she'd probably do a better job than my hubby (who's not much of a Bob Vila - still love him, though ;-P )!

Kristen said...

Wow, cute pictures! The little onesie really takes me back! I can almost smell the baby soap. I'm weird, I know!

Good luck with your projects