Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Here we are...

I hate when I go a week without blogging. Bad, bad blogger. Things just seem to get hectic all at once. I've been scrambling around during the day trying to make sure everything is ready for the closing on the house, which is NEXT THURSDAY!!! Woo-hoo! Eleanor is teething again, which inevitably comes with a cold. Sleep has been a little hard to come by. Sunday night, we thought we'd test our stamina by only allowing ourselves two hours of sleep. I lost, and crashed out for most of Monday, as did Eleanor. We did make it to our first swim lesson Monday morning, though. I thought, well...since we're up anyway. The swim class ended up being a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to next Monday when we go again. (We missed today's lesson because I couldn't resist, and snagged a little of Eleanor's cold for myself.)

Anyway, we're feeling a little under the weather, but our spirits were brightened yesterday when Eleanor's soft play center arrived. I made this little purchase prior to the beginning of the whole home-buying process. When I look at it, I can't help thinking to myself that I could have replaced both upstairs toilets for what that thing cost. Oh, well, it's super fun, so it's worth it. Today, I was enticing Eleanor to try out all its features by baiting her with Gerber puffs. I felt exactly like one of those gorilla trainers at the zoo. But, hey, it worked. Here's my little girl monkeying around today...

This first one is her fake crying face. It comes complete with a pathetic whimper and everything. She only does it when I'm looking, and I've mastered the art of quickly turning it into a giggle.












9 comments:

Lisa said...

Megan,
I was just about to email you today b/c I have checked your blog like 1000 times the last week and no post! I was getting worried about you. But I knew that you were probably just busy with the house. Adam and I are really thinking that we need to come and visit now that you will have a little more space for us and a toddler!! Anyway, Eleanor looks like she likes she her little gym. I'm sure Grace would love that too.

Megan said...

Lisa- We'd love to have you guys come for a visit! We just need a couple of months to work on de-uglyfying the house! :) I would love to see Grace and Eleanor play together on the little gym!

Janice said...

Ok, I wish we lived close by so I can take the kids over your house and play with that soft mat! That is awesome!! What gorgeous photos and a goreous little model you have!

Ava has been teething again as well. Not fun, as you know. Glad swim class is going great!! I wanna see some pics!

Shana-Lynn said...

Megan-I am so happy that swimming is going good for you both and you like it! Is there anyone in the class that could take a picture of you two?

Me three wish we lived near ya, so the girls could play on that awesome looking mat. How cool is that?

What kind of camera do you use again? I know you had it someplace on your blog, but I forgot. It and you take great photos. Nice job!

Denise said...

Tell me more about her new toy - looks awesome! Love the pix. If we get the toy, will my boys play upset and fake cry too??? Please oh please!! ;)

Kristen said...

Well, I wish everybody lived by each other so that everybody could meet!

Cute pictures, and it looks like lots of fun! I love the "fake cry" look.

Megan said...

Shana- I have the Canon 20D, and I love it!!


And everyone- I wish you all lived close by too! That would be one fun playdate! (and Mommydate, Kristen) :)

Shana-Lynn said...

Thanks Megan!!

Wendy said...

Very cute pics. Love the balck and white one! What a fun mat!!! She is such a cutie!!