Thursday, May 17, 2007

And then there were two...

...teeth.

Just as I suspected, Eleanor is now cutting her first tooth's twin brother. It looks just like the other one looked a couple of days ago. The first one is now a full-fledged tooth with the entire top part through the gums. Still no luck on the picture...

I really think Eleanor is being quite the little trooper. As long as I keep her distracted with fun things (books, toys, Jordan, etc.), she isn't terribly fussy. She has slept so well the past two nights. I didn't hear a peep out of her either night. The only downside to this teething thing the past couple of days is that she's been incredibly clingy. (Which I'm not totally convinced is a downside at all!) She wants a ton of hugs, and to sit in my lap all the time. If I sit down with her on the floor to play, she reaches her little arms over and tries to pull herself into my lap. How could I possibly resist such sweetness? I even have to take her to the bathroom with me to avoid a meltdown.

In other news, she's drinking milk from a cup now, and I'm thinking about trying to wean her off all bottles except at bedtime. It's going very well today. She hasn't fussed about not getting a bottle at all. Meals and snacks are really a whole different ball game when you can hand your baby a cup in the carseat or stroller, and watch as they take responsibility for their own hydration. I can actually use both hands to do whatever I want! (Although, that seems rather inefficient now that I've become so productive with just one hand.)

That's pretty much it for us, and since I have no picture of Eleanor to post today, I'm posting these pictures I took of my Mother's Day flowers. Man, God is good!!



8 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Welcome twin brother tooth!

GG said...

Hooray for 2 teeth!! Are they on the top or bottom?

Kristen said...

Yeah for teeth! I don't see how somebody that cute could ever be fussy. She's an angel!

M said...

you are a great photographer - Do you use Photoshop?
how did you get the white background?

Janice said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to see Eleanor's smile! I remember when Ava first started holding her bottle onher own - it was great because then you can definitely multitask - and you don't have to worry about stopping if you're out strolling them in the mall or something (can you tell that was a big highlight for me? ;-P )

Janice said...

GORGEOUS pictures by the way!!!!! I love tulips and you captured these beautifully! I am also curious as to how you got the white background. :-)

Lisa said...

Grace LIVED in my hotsling when she was teething. She is actually working on her molars now (NO FUN!) and I even use my sling yesterday (yes at 15 months!). Anyway, glad you are getting some extra lovings out of it all. Can wait to see those pearly whites!

ps... now you get to start brushing her teeth! I found the little finger toothbrush works best till around 1 year.

Megan said...

The teeth are on the bottom.

The white background on the flower photos is my kitchen table. I stood on a chair and shot the picture downward. The flowers were in the vase. I don't use Photoshop because I can't afford it. :)